Carpetfitters

There was a bit on the invoice (once carpet was fitted) requesting he got his cut directly.

Sponsored Links
for some reason carpet fitting does not attract vat hence most shops seperate fitting as a seperate "bill" paid direct to the fitter

for some reason carpet fitting does not attract vat hence most shops seperate fitting as a seperate "bill" paid direct to the fitter
That could be due to a self-employed carpet fitter not reaching the VAT-threshold, can't see any other reason.

as i do a lot of property deals, i see a lot of carpet guys only once have i refused to pay on completion of the job.
the reason was he F****d me about and finally turned up at 5PM not once did he give me an estimate of time of arrival despite having rung the shop several times. the issue was the lack of respect, not the time all he had to do was say it won't be before say 4.30. i could then do other things rather than waiting all day for him. **** is the only description i could give him.
made him squirm for 24 hours unsure if he'd get his money! never used the shop again either, so they lose out on thousands of pounds in business! idiots!

Sponsored Links
Presume the lol is on the word joke, not on the VAT threshold itself?

seems a bit of a nuts discussion,i always insist on getting paid at the end of the job.Why should in run around chasing payment that in its self has cost issues that i have to pay.Its simple i guarantee my work i always will go back if there is a problem,in the past i have had customers say can i pay you at the end of the week? no problem i thought,then come end of week no response to your calls 2-3 weeks later you get your money.Why do you have a problem paying at end of the job i dont see your point other than another arkward customer,who wants me to finance them for a few more weeks :evil: :evil: rant over

If any tradesperson has to go back to a job to do snagging, then the job wasn't done properly to begin with. And if it wasn't done properly, then it's not finished. Reason enough not to pay in full until evrything is done properly. Just my opinion.

I`m gratefull for all the opinions on those both as end users and trade suppliers point of view as well as differing ages and and differing areas.

its pretty normal where i live to get a job done then await the invoice... joiners, plumbers, builders, plasterers, carpet shops too.
Although as soon as I get the invoice, i pay it.
Even had to chase-up a plumber recently as he'd forgotten to send the invoice.

I'd happily pay on completion of the job tho, i'm surprised less guys ask for that

my local carpet supplier lets you pay in 2 ways:
1 = pay for the carpet and fitting up front
or
2 = pay for the carpet then pay the fitters immediately on completion of the job

the reason was he F****d me about and finally turned up at 5PM not once did he give me an estimate of time of arrival despite having rung the shop several times. the issue was the lack of respect, not the time all he had to do was say it won't be before say 4.30. i could then do other things rather than waiting all day for him. **** is the only description i could give him!

Well you wouldn't get me back, if you treated me that way.

I can understand you being annoyed, but getting personal is wrong.

If you consider the gas, electric, cable, sky type Co's they give you a date- only very recently have they started with AM / Early PM / late PM. So we are all use to being in at 9am, for the service provider to turn up at 5pm.

Because he turned up later isn't an excuse to refuse payment, If he did the work and the T&C's are payment on completion then you should have paid him.
If the work was substandard or just wrong then hold the payment, but if you haven't got due reason then witholding is simply wrong and being done out of spite.
How's that right, just or plain old good manners ?

Sponsored Links
Back