fibreglass dry valley?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am doing some refurb works in my area take off existing clay tiles replace with new spec says must use fibreglass dry valley just done my first one and must say im not to keen just wondered what your thoughts were im an old fashioned guy set in my ways what the hells wrong wit lead these days :?:

Sponsored Links
Why wern't you keen cumbrianroofer? I've specified them plenty, assumed they were cheaper. Never had complaibnts from roofers or clients.....

yet! :p

i dont mind fibreglass valleys but these dry ones leave no gap so there seems t me there could be a build up of leaves and such under the tiles so then you could get a build up of water under the tiles of course does away with cement which is always a good thing this time of year anlead is more expensive but surely you get whatyou pay for

ive used a few but always cemented the valley but ive also been on jobs where the valley hasnt been cemented up with a lead valley.

Sponsored Links
yes ive done the standard fibreglass valleys and always cement them but these have a upstand down the centre of the valley and you cut to the upstand no cement to be used but they do look a bit ugly just wondered if any one had had any bad experiences with blockage cos dont want to go back to 90 houses cos valley gutters are blocked after 12 months

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back