Acme single camber roof tiles and flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just tiling a roof on an extension with the above tiles, will need to do flashing down one edge where it buts up to the exsisting house (ridge line is lower )
I'm not sure if i should be doing the flashing in sections as we go up the roof, as i'm concerned about possibly breaking the tiles if i try to acess it later via a roof ladder, they seem to have quite a large (and uneven) camber and seem to break very easily Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
We usually strip out a 'ladder', so you can run up and down the roof upon the lathes/battens.

Hi. When fitting the flashing say code 4 sheet lead, is good practice to fit max 1.5 m and then lap the next length over the first and so on. Or fit the flashing prior to tiling, from the battens/laths, and then dressing the lead down as you go Good Luck

Cheers noseall, sounds like a plan, by "strip out a ladder" i presume you put everything in place and then just remove some tiles, i did wonder about doing just a few rows all the way up the wall and then fitting the flashing

Sponsored Links
Cheers noseall, sounds like a plan, by "strip out a ladder" i presume you put everything in place and then just remove some tiles, i did wonder about doing just a few rows all the way up the wall and then fitting the flashing

Either way, just do whatever is easiest/most practical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back