remove scratches on bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do I remove scratches on a new sink, I used a scrapper to scrape off plaster, now there are scratches on the sink. Is there a cream you can rub in ( like t-cut on a car ) or some sort of paint ????to get rid of them.

Sponsored Links
They won't actually be scratches but deposits of steel on the glaze (similar to chalk on a blackboard). The glaze is actually a layer of glass so you want something to T - cut the glass. If I were you I'd try a lapidary supplier who sell a cheap rare-earth element for stone polishing called Cerium Oxide.

I've used it for such things in the past. Worth a try.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
They won't actually be scratches but deposits of steel on the glaze (similar to chalk on a blackboard). The glaze is actually a layer of glass so you want something to T - cut the glass. If I were you I'd try a lapidary supplier who sell a cheap rare-earth element for stone polishing called Cerium Oxide.

I've used it for such things in the past. Worth a try.

Joe,
Would that be the rubber sized magic polishing thingy ?, I was told costs about £40.

Ive used these and I thought it was brialliant, It turned a marked pan into a spanking new one.

Al

It's probably the same active ingredient, I've never actually seen the things you mention. The price of the cerium oxide is about £3 per 100g. It is particularly useful with glass.

i know this sounds ridiculous but i recently scratched my bathroom sink and bath with my ring, i used my girlfreinds extra fine nail polishing stick and buffed up with metal polish - perfect and invisible repair

will have a go, as I have got loads of nail polish

I got some sort of tippex stuff from the plumbers but it didnt really work it covered up the scratch but the shine is not there

The stuff the plumber supplied was for enamel not ceramic, a little metal polish will remove small marks.

Hi,

Ive just installed a new basin and whilst fitting my watch must have been rubbing on the side, when i was finished i nearly died i noticed 3 or 4 scratches on the oposite side.

They are like black marks look like scratches but not deep at all

Is this all i need to remove them the rubber as mentioned earlier (i need to get them off my partner not impressed) :(

Regards

Kev

Hi,

Ive just installed a new basin and whilst fitting my watch must have been rubbing on the side, when i was finished i nearly died i noticed 3 or 4 scratches on the oposite side.

They are like black marks look like scratches but not deep at all

Is this all i need to remove them the rubber as mentioned earlier (i need to get them off my partner not impressed) :(

Regards

Kev

That and a tiny bit of elbow grease :LOL:

Just found scratch like marks in my newish sink, read through this site, I actually used astonish oven cleaner and a scourer, (GENTLY) rub a small amount over the mark. Mine no longer has any marks, so think it is true this can be caused by ring catching on ceramic........but it has worked a treat...worth a try

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back