CH Pump Bleed Screw Sealing Washer - What Size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've recently relocated my CH pump. It's all working fine. However when I bled the pump I noticed that the sealing washer on the bleed screw was past it's best. It's now leaking!

Anyone know what size washer it is?

Do I want a fibre washer or a copper one? The old one was fibre.

I plan on replacing it with the aid of an assistant's thumb to block the hole whilst I swap the washers over - Got to be easier than draining down so long as the heating has been off all day.

Photo of the pump is here:
View media item 17868
It's a Euramo Gold. Class F if that helps.

All help appreciated.
Ant

Sponsored Links
Wrap it with ptfe tape instead :idea: easier to get some

Hmmm. Can't see that holding, and knowing me I'd end up with PTFE stuck in the pump. Besides, it's not designed to seal on the thread. It's not a tapered thread.

Any more ideas? Someone out there must have one lying around. Anyone fancy measuring the bleed screw for me? Failing that I'll have to arm myself with various sizes and ask my wife to put her thumb on the hole whilst I work out what's needed.

Sponsored Links
Instead of using a thumb, you could try turning the isolators on the connecting pipework :idea:

Most of the sheds have little bags of assorted fibre washers in amongst their plumbing bits. I imagine it is something akin to a tap connector washer.

Halfrauds stock a similar range, but in sizes aimed more at the motorist, naturally.

Maybe a tap washer would do the job.

PTFE tape will seal the thread, even if it isn't designed to work that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back