Cast Iron Downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
downpipe came loose at the weekend. Doesnt look like im gonna be able to refix using the current fixing.

as a tempory measure can I fit standard 68mm to the exisiting top & bottom sections?

Any special fittings that I may need?

Sponsored Links
what is your gutter made out of? if your connecting plastic to cast you will have to get an adaptor i find the rubber ones are good enough although they can be quite unsightly if you are using them on a period property and such

im due to get the whole lot replaced at the start of the new year. theres only one part of the guttering thats cast iron & thats the front downpipe, the rest is standard half round plastic.

all i want to do is replace the centre piece of the downpipe to plastic as a temporary measure until either a) i can get someone to fit the cast iron back on or b) when i get the whole system replaced.

can these rubber adpators be found @ B&Q etc?

yeah ull get em there but if you find an independant plumbers merchants they will be cheaper they are about £6 each here for that size it will be fine to use a length of plastic and two collars will last forever

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back