Texecom Premier 24 Wiring Options

tpj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im going to start wiring in a Texecom Premier 24 tomorrow with 2 zone expanders, 14 PIR's, 3 Door Contacts, 5 PA's and 3 RKP's.

Looking at the instructions now I am a little confused to the zone wiring, I have pre wired and each PIR, Door Contact and PA is individually wired back to the Control Panel.

Which wiring type should I use in this installation?? Single Pole, Double pole or end of line? Which would be best or easiest??

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
There is technically no such thing as "single pole", but that's me nit picking.

So we have two choices in this situation:

Double Pole and FSL/EOL (Fully Supervised Loop/End Of Line)

Double pole is basically two pairs of wires: a pair for the alarm loop, and a pair for the tamper loop (obviously PIRs and other powered need a seperate pair for power at all times in addition to the alarm and tamper pair, wether using double pole or EOL)

End of Line uses one pair of wires for both the alarm loop AND the tamper loop. This is made possible by fitting two resistors in the detector. The control panel can then see if the zone is in alarm, tamper or normal states depending on the resistor. It's more secure than double pole as you can't bypass it by twising wires together etc, but it's fiddlier due to have to fit resistors.

I would recommend using the EOL method for everything as it's not too difficult once you've done a couple. You might struggle slightly in the contacts due to lack of room, but you can buy contacts and detectors with the resistors already built in...

To wire EOL take a 4K7 and a 2K2 resistor and twist one leg from each together tightly. Insert the free end of the 4K7 into the outer most "alarm" terminal on the PIR. Connect the twisted end of the resistors into the remaining "alarm" terminal on the PIR. Connect the remaining end of the 2K2 resistor into one of the PIR's tamper terminals. Connect the yellow wire to the outer most "alarm" terminal on the PIR (the one with one leg of the 4K7) and the blue wire into the "tamper" terminal with no resistor in it. The blue and yellow wires at the panel end then simply connect to the zone terminals as you need (eg Zone 1)

For contacts, repeat the above proceadure but replace the "alarm" terminals with the silver screws on the contact, and connect the free end of the 2K2 resistor straight to the blue wire using one of the brass screws.

Thanks for that! Drew out what you said to make sense of it looks fairly straightforward now! :)

What about the PA buttons?

I've never wired an alarm before so sorry for all the questions! Just need a helping hand, I'm a quick learner once i get going!

Thanks for that! Drew out what you said to make sense of it looks fairly straightforward now! :)

What about the PA buttons?

I've never wired an alarm before so sorry for all the questions! Just need a helping hand, I'm a quick learner once i get going!

In simplistic terms, follow this diagram. (The resistor values are not necessarily the values that you will need - check the documentation with your panel, but Scott's resistor values are right for a texecom panel - I think!)

wiring_full_supervision.gif

By PA button, I assume you mean Panic Button? - Wired in the same way!

Sponsored Links
Hi im wiring in now, im using a 8xe internal zone expander which has 8 zones however it goes:

Z9-COM-Z10 Z11-COM-Z12 Z13-COM-Z14 Z15-COM-Z16

I using EOL wiring with Yellow cable as alarm and the blue as tamper, I take it i put the yellow (alarm) cable to the zone and the blue (tamper) cable to the COM, i.e 2 blue wires will end up being in each COM?? :confused:

THANKS!!!

Hi im wiring in now, im using a 8xe internal zone expander which has 8 zones however it goes:

Z9-COM-Z10 Z11-COM-Z12 Z13-COM-Z14 Z15-COM-Z16

I using EOL wiring with Yellow cable as alarm and the blue as tamper, I take it i put the yellow (alarm) cable to the zone and the blue (tamper) cable to the COM, i.e 2 blue wires will end up being in each COM?? :confused:

THANKS!!!

The quick answer is yes!

Just to be clear though..... both alarm and tamper circuits are on the same pair of cables if you are wiring EOL - you do NOT have seperate circuits for "alarm" and "tamper" on each zone.

So - in your case, to wire zones 9 and 10....

On your Zone 9 cable..... Blue out of Z9 - off to sensor, Yellow back from sensor into COM

on your Zone 10 cable..... Yellow out of the same COM - off to your Z10 sensor, Blue back from sensor into Z10

Remember that when you programme the panel, you will need to ensure that you programme each zone as EOL and not double pole. (Can't remember what the default setting is)

Hope that makes sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: tpj
Thanks Meeja, thats what i though although my blue wire is tamper and yellow is alarm so would the alarm go to zone or tamper to zone as you said above?

Thanks!

Thanks Meeja, thats what i though although my blue wire is tamper and yellow is alarm so would the alarm go to zone or tamper to zone as you said above?

Thanks!

In EOL wiring, you DO NOT HAVE A TAMPER CIRCUIT!

You have a single circuit (two wires) and the panel will detect the resistance values on the circuit to decide whether the zone is secure, in alarm mode, or has been tampered with.

All of your cables should go to the ZONE connections in the panel.

Zone 9 connections go to Z9 and COM

Zone 10 connections go to the same COM and Z10

etc etc

Oh ok, which wires go to which then on the PIR's etc! c\ould you give me a colour guide to follow eg red power +, black power - etc.....

Sorry im new to alarms!!

What terminals do you have in the PIRs? Open one and post them on here. Most manufacturers use slightly different terminology.

I would recommend sticking to Red for +, Black for - and then the Blue/Yellow pair for the circuit as described in my first post.

The red and blacks at the panel end are twisted together (all reds together and all blacks together) go into the AUX + (red wires) and Aux - (black wires) terminals.

That's about it really.

Hi Scott Thanks,

I have Texecom PIR's so its just:

Alarm-Alarm-12v-0v-Tamp-Tamp

Im using a mixture of Pet 3D, Medusa and RF 360 Ceiling PIR's.

Thanks Again!!

Could somebody please give me a bit of advice for wiriing the PIR's I have used red and black for power and yellow and blue I am using EOL wiring so does it matter which way round the wires go in the PIR's??

Also i have a Texecom 8XE Expander, this has 4 inputs per zone where as the premier 24 panel has two.... do i just ignore 1 of the A inputs and one of the T inputs for EOL wiring?? Thanks!

quote :End of Line uses one pair of wires for both the alarm loop AND the tamper loop. This is made possible by fitting two resistors in the detector.

in laymans terms is this just using the resistor between the alarm and the tamper connector? and are two resisters required for each tamper to alarm?

I would recommend sticking to Red for +, Black for - and then the Blue/Yellow pair for the circuit as described in my first post.

Which two terminals on the PIR does the Blue/Yellow connect to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back