6 inches of frozen ice on welsh slates

C

cabot

i have the above problem on my rear elevation on a single storey bungalow.it is weighing down on the gutters and i am keen to get the ice off.what remedy can i do and would it be safe to pour boiling water on it to melt it

Sponsored Links
I'd say put some fan heaters in the loft pretty damn quick. :eek:
Be careful of the risk of ice damming. When there is literally an ice dam at the eaves so any melt water can't escape. It can build up to leak under the slates.
As long as you have an escape somewhere along the eaves, you should be OK.

unfortunately i cant get access to the loft .would pouring hot water over the affected areas cause damage to slates.sorry if it sound daft but extreme temperatures cause for extreme measures

Sponsored Links
You'll be amazed at how much hot water you'll need :idea: plus that can freeze where it falls providing additional hazards.
Might be better off with hairdryer/hotair gun or similar

You'll be amazed at how much hot water you'll need :idea: plus that can freeze where it falls providing additional hazards.
Might be better off with hairdryer/hotair gun or similar
Would spraying neat car windscreen washer fluid or de-icer have any effect?

more effect on your wallet than the roof :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back