Vauxhall Vivaro 1.9TD cutting out fault

Same problems with my vivaro too. Found it to be caused by a tiny hole in the fuel pipe. The pipe had been rubbing on the engine mount just after the fuel filter in the engine bay. It had a sleeve around the pipe so I cut that off and cleaned it with some liter fuel and raped some tape around it for now. Just bin for test drive and it now starts first turn, pulls all the way through the revs and its not cutting out. Hope this helps some of you.

Sponsored Links
appreciate this is an old message but it might help future posts.just had exactly the same fault with vivaro,same vehicle,different badge.wont rev passed 2000rpm,sometimes 3000.fault code for egr valve in ecu.removed valve,clogged solid.cleaned and refitted,fault code cleared but fault still apparent.finally tracked it to a faulty air flow sensor reading too high,approx 45kg/h at idle,new one reads 30kg/h and van revs and drives fine.solus pro used for data readings.hope this helps with any future problems,seems to be a common fault

Im wondering could somebody tell me please where the egr valve is on my renault trafic seen as the vivaro and trafic are the same engine, im wondering it just to the right of the engine under the maniflod, just want to clean it out because had airflow meter changed after having loss of power with it because it was clogged up, its acting up again so im going to change glow plugs too so i want to do the egr valve while i am at it, cheers mick

Glad i read this thread, im currently preparing to go SE and i've been looking at vans, namely the vivaro, i know there seems to be a gearbox issue with them but never knew about the other problems, thanks guys.

What other vans should i be looking at, obviously just starting out so lots of money for a van is not available, i've got about 4k and want something vivaro/vito size, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Glad i read this thread, im currently preparing to go SE and i've been looking at vans, namely the vivaro, i know there seems to be a gearbox issue with them but never knew about the other problems, thanks guys.

What other vans should i be looking at, obviously just starting out so lots of money for a van is not available, i've got about 4k and want something vivaro/vito size, any ideas?

Well 1st i wouldnt go ear a vito or any merc vans very expenses parts to replace, the trafic vivaro are a good van, its just when u get into high mileage they cause problems, i bought mine with high mileage, but eventually found out as i got things done, some ahndyman was at it and caused more problems, there good vans but like anything else if u look after it, it will stand to u, like regular oil changes, fuel filters air filters etc, if i was buying again, id buy a trafic or transit, u'll get a good van for that kind of money too

i must say i do like the vivaro, the vito was just a size comparison really, i know they're also built in spain and the build quality is shocking supposedly. As for transits im trying to keep away from them as all my working life i've had them as company vans and i'm a bit bored of them really, i've had them on 3 year and 5 year leases and to be honest once the manufacturers warranty runs out they become very expensive to repair

I had to go bankrupt almost 2 years ago and lost my vw transporter in the process, now with £1500 im looking for a cheap vivaro but even if i find one at that price they seem to fall to pieces years before! The internet seems to be littered with vivaros and the other 2 copies having all the same problems costing 3 times as much as im starting with. what a great start to the year.

Any suggestions on a reliable 'old' van?
Just found this on ebay...

Vauxhall vivaro 1.9 DI swb 2700kg van

with a problem as it wont drive over 30mph

I had to go bankrupt almost 2 years ago and lost my vw transporter in the process, now with £1500 im looking for a cheap vivaro but even if i find one at that price they seem to fall to pieces years before! The internet seems to be littered with vivaros and the other 2 copies having all the same problems costing 3 times as much as im starting with. what a great start to the year.

Any suggestions on a reliable 'old' van?
Just found this on ebay...

Vauxhall vivaro 1.9 DI swb 2700kg van

with a problem as it wont drive over 30mph

Well i was in the same boat things went belly up on me and had to offload my traffic,had a 07 with 50.000 on the clock and never caused me a bit of hassle at all, really comfy to drive, so when i got a few bob together i went looking to get another trafic,spent a few days going through a few sites, eventually both 1 for 1600, 03 model, was running fab etc, but 3 months the engine management light came on and off, eventually 2 weeks later, i lost all power and could only do 30mph like urself, it turned out to mass air filter on the back of the manifold on the engine, but when we inspected the van a bit more we found it hadnt been serviced in quiet a while, so set about changing oil filters fuel filters, glow plugs, fan belt, timing belt, brakes etc which helped alot, getting back to the MAF, that was my problem at 1st it was clogged up and the tubbing had split with a loss of pressure, u can but 1 for 90 quid easy to replace i learned afterwards, if its not that try the EGR valve which can clog up with oil which is on top of the engine, u will see it when u remove the manifold from the engine, its connected to the exhaust manifold, sometimes it will be that, but also the wiring causes problems which turned out to be mine, because it runs acroos the engine under the manifold which causes it to be rubbed quiet alot, nbeing honest it still a good van, but i had to put an extra grand into it to get everything done because who ever had it before me didnt look after it, so i think wit a bit of tlc it will stand u time, but if i was u get all those things i was on about tchecked 1st, go to some small garage with a good mechanic because renault are crap, hope this help u a bit, any q's just ask, nearly know the van inside out at this stage.

Have ex bt 2004 1.9 tuned to 130bhp....its rapid and very torquey from about 1700 rpm and it gets used daily for work and also gets some stick if I'm honest, though its serviced etc and looked after in that sense.

Nothing serious except an issue with boost solenoid, but these vans are hit and miss. Mate of mine has bog standard 82bhp van and he has had no end of probs.

You will either get a good one and love it or a bad one and hate it....but when they are good they are the best van on the road. :)

Well since my last post in April everything still fine, no problems at all. Still getting used every day and still getting some stick!

You have to buy low milage looked after versions I think. If its cheap ask yourself WHY?!

And keep them serviced!!!

i had similar problems with my 54 trafic 2.5, generally down on power for 8 months then glow plug light on intermittantly/ limp home mode etc.my mechanic read fault codes, loggod faults as innsufficient inlet air pressure so changed maf sensor, boost sensor and boost solenoid as this was buzzing like mad, all to no avail.found fault by accident, whilst runn ing my hand down intercooler pipe right at bacck of engine as far down as could reach, my thumb dissappeared into pipe.strange thing was no hissing or noise even when revved hard and engine would still rev to 4200.only thing i noticed , with hindsight was noise when switching off like a release of vaccuum,by the way most parts much cheaper from vauxhall than renault

I am having problem starting my Vivaro 1,9
changed injector but now will not start
got fuel and getting code pz146
also what is the firing order for the injecrors
thanks

i have been having the same problems with my 05 vivaro 1.9cdti.
my mate came round with his snap on computer and plugged it into the management socket, he told me that injector 3 was the problem, so i arranged for it go in to his garage to be sorted, he also told me to put some coke down the hole where the injector sits,as they are a pig to get out,and the cola helps eat away the corroded aluminium.
any way ,after removing the air filter i noticed that 3 of the injector wires had rubbed through, so i resolded new wires and heat shrunk them. i also spaced the distance between the air filter and the injector tops, to stop this happening again, this cured the problem for a short while, so at that point i knew it was not an injector, after trying several other things incl spraying electrical contact cleaner on every connector and plug, eventual i took the air flow meter out and sprayed that, cleaning the filter and the electrical probes.
i also cleaned the contacts on the camshaft sensor. BINGO problem gone.
the van now runs sweet as a nut. so dont go throwing your hard earned cash at main dealers until you have tried all the above,it worked for me and cost nothing,but a little time.

other things i did.
removed the bottle on top of the fuse and relay box, and checked and cleaned all the relays, and the large blue plug inside there.
removed and cleaned the egr valve..
the french wiring looms and connectors are ****e, i have spent hours cleaning all of them on my daughters peugeot, electric windows ,heater speed control. they all just stop working,and cleaning them ,gets them going again, the vivaro wiring is the same ****e.
i hope this helps you guys out,and others that come here, the codes that turn up on the computers are some times caused by the fact that there is no data or incorrect data being sent back to the management system on the van. its like christmas tree lights, one bulb goes,and they all go out, and you have to find the one thats blown to get the rest working, either replace the lot, expensive, or try one at a time, same result, just cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Back