Decent Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys

Just asking if someone can double check this quote over for me :D

The roof is Rosemary Clay Tiles, with nail sickness on the tile battens, so strip and re do, also remove old gas flu and tile over. This is based in the Scottish Borders - Kelso

Roof is 5m across and 7m up

Materials
74 - 38*19 3.6m Tile Batten
75mm Nails 1kg
Clout Nails 30mm 1kg
Protect VP400 Breathable Underlay 1500 * 50mm
Felt Nails 0.5kg

Labour
25 Hours @ £15.00 (Trade)
25 Hours @ £10.00 (Assistant)

Total Quote would be - £839.49

Would this sound about right?

Sponsored Links
that quote seems rather cheap but does the 74-38x19 battens mean 74metres cos that wouldnt be enough for a rosmary tiled roof 5mx7m and also quote shows no make up tiles and even using old ones you would need make up 38x25mm latts or even 50x25mm would be better given specific details i could quote not to do but so you have something to gauge against if its any help

Hiya m8 Cheers for the reply

The battens would be 74 Lengths at 3.6 meters a length

I agree that 38 * 25mm battens would be correct battens to use, I can't go any higher ie the 50*25 as I have to match in with the ajoining roof

I think the current gauge is set out at 3.5"

I'm just doing the labour, the house owner is supplying everything

well the roof is 7x5m thats 35m2 approx 60tiles per m2 comes to 2100 rosmary tiles and the laths are 10 linear m for every m2 so 35m2=350m of battens you only have 266m the felt is ok but you need 1kg of batten nails your labour is your perogative but we usually come in round about £20hr tradesman and £13hr labourer or square metre labour only for rosmary tiles between £18-£20 so a roof 35m2 aprox £700 but prices go up or down depending where in country you are hope this is a help

Sponsored Links
Hiya

Yes the owner is supplying everything including scaffolding.

Its cheap because its a side job.. My boss has been offered the work for 6 months and has never even sent the guy a quote, now the roof is leaking so I'm doing myself with my apprentice, so thats why its a cheaply priced job, I'm only charging my hourly rate that the boss pays me :D

£800 is crazy cheap. Reaiistic pricing for a proper company that includes VAT, NI, vans, public liability insurance, and all the rest Oh and some profit to allow the company to grow. What if the rest of the row want theirs doing.

I think that Rosemary tiles must be very cheap there, as they are very expensive and you will lose at least 20-30% as old ones break just looking at them. Good luck

Tile nails? 30mm are no use....
batten nails for 19x38 dont need to be 75mm

What sort of roof is it? just a leanto?

Ridge?
valleys?
verges?

Hiya guys

Rosemary tiles here are £1.26 inc vat

There is no valleys on this roof.. Its a main roof, not a leanto :D

Again, I'm just doing the labour here I'm not supplying the materials, he is doing that himself. But was just wanting to know whot youz guys would charge for this, just for labour?

Also, would you charge by square meter or per hour?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back