Non paying customer

Tnx all for ur advise im gona drop by his house tomorrow, my partner is on holiday 4 the festive, he is normally the bawler but this time i gona have to be me :)

Sponsored Links
Hi Norcon

The leak was from a ****y push fit on the rad, the plumbers thought it a good idea to have chrome tails on show, the result was it blew off the push fit after two weeks operation and flooded the downstairs toilet.

They said they had roughed up for a better grip the chrome tail but speaking to other plumbers they would have never used chrome onto a push fit

Freddiboi

Bloody Hell M8 Pushfit and Chrome tails ...a BIG NO . Compression fittings would be ok on both the chrome and the placcy. Maybe the customer thinks the other fittings might do the same :idea: . That and a month over on a 3 month job. I`m on your side for sure. and a ( retired) plumber. Sounds like that reason by the customer, more than them just being anus-like ;) Let the forum know how it pans out. Good Luck.

I spoke to the client last Mon said he'd post a cheque out last week but nothing has come.
With slow or late payers, if they offer to put a cheque in the post, say you'll collect it and save them the trouble.

All they're doing is adding a week or so of extra delay while they pretend it was sent and has been lost or delayed and you will be waiting instead of pressing them.

Sponsored Links
Hope it all works out OK.
As said push fit and chrome is a big no no.
A pressure test would have popped it off quite quicky.

IF THE WORK IS FINISHED AND THE CLIENT IS SATISFIED THEN THE PERSON SHOULD PAY UP!!!! IF NOT EXPLAIN ABOUT PROBLEMS!!!

I hope you have resolved your problem? I had a very similar problem a few years back. Guy was a multi millionaire and I was told by his cleaners that he always got shirty at the end of a job.
Bored rich boy enjoying trying to get a few thousand off the final figure. That few thou would have been much of the profit!
I tried talking face to face to no avail so went to see an previous customer who was a solicitor. He advised me to take it to court myself, representing myself as the money was under 3K.
Due to the type of claim allowed by it being below 3K if I lost and he'd turned up with some hot shot I would not have had to pay his costs. Phew!
As it was the **** stuck it out all the way. We had our day in court and he came alone with a pile of excuses about leaks and delays and inconveinience. The judge ruled in my favour saying that any problems or indeed water damage had been made good and you don't get compensation for the job over running!
I got the full amount plus interest and the court costs.
Good luck my friend. and of course, once you have your money: strip the paint from his car, break his legs and switch off the main stop tap in the road and pour in some water followed by a bag of post mix!!

I had a customer who refused to pay the final amount (my profit) because his wife didn't like the sink being a rh drainer, she wanted it lh. The customer had agreed all the kitchen layout with me at the start and I had checked as I went along, the wife only appeared from spain after I finished the job..

I sent my wife round first (she is a terrier) and she got some money and after he sent me a letter again refusing payment, I went along, nice as pie asked to look at the kitchen and its problems, took some photos for the record and got my tool bag out of the van.

Asked the customer to turn off the mains water (as it was buried behind all his collection of rubbish) so I could move the sink. When he had, I removed anything I had supplied ie: service valves, S bend on the waste, cut back some of my 15mm copper and capped off the hot and cold to the sink. Packed my bags and went to leave now that the customer had seen what I was doing and demanded I go.

Then he saw the problem! asked me to put it right and offered a cheque, which I refused and lo and behold £600 cash appeared there and then, I gave him a signed receipt and left.

He was not happy, but I explained the work now involved was an extra as I had done the job once, handed over all the parts removed in a tesco bag and left. Never heard from him again.

Note: if you go down this route, be polite and reasonable and not threatening, you have to be invited in and once the customer asks you to leave, do so immediately without fail. Do not cause any damage ie flooding and only remove what is legally yours. On estimates and quotes alway state that goods supplied remain you property until paid for in full.

Have fun and be careful

i agree, thats a ridiculous comment to make.

I have had this problem, just tell im if he dont pay then your gonna send the lads round to start removing some of your materials seein as they still belong to you until he pays. Start with the roof!!!

Then when you go to collect your money drop him a couple o sprigs of japenese knot weed in the garden, just as a late payment gesture.

Sponsored Links
Back