Indesit Dishwasher IDL 530 - Error Codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

D/W is just over 12 months old! and the 2nd and 4th lights from the left both start flashing about 3/4 way through the programme and the cycle stops.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Led 1= Prewash / 3hr
Led 2= Wash / 6hr
Led 3= Rinses / 9 hr
Led 4= Drying / 12hr

LED. illuminated
1 = Overflow ( water in base )

1+2 = Pump timeout, or Software recognition error ( timer not programmed, wrong keypad)

1+3 = Circulation pump not working

2+3 = Not filling

2+4 = Heating circuit not working

2 = Solenoid valve 'broken'

3 = Thermistor (NTC) cicuit not working

4 = Temp not reached whilst heating ( poss NTC detached from casing).

It is usually necessary to 'reset' the machine after a fault code has been displayed.

Resetting.
Switch dishwasher OFF, rotate the selector switch to STOP/CHANGE and switch on, after a few seconds the LEDS will go out enabling a new programme to be selected

check that the thermister is attacted to the door, remove front panel and there should be a white clip on the rear of dispenser.if thats ok turn rinse aid down to 1 .and dont use 3 in 1 tabs and rinse aid and salt it causes it to overfoam in the heater.just use 3 in 1 on its own .

Hi,

We have a IDL 42, which stopped working. Led 1 flashes, which seems to mean that we have 'water in base'.

How can I fix this? Anyone ideas?
(rocks1?)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
tip mc back does water come out if so you have a leak ,poss from bottom spray arm nut or loose salt pot .

Water does in deed leak out when tipping it backward. I will try to find out whether it is due to the spray arm or salt pot.

Do you know how I can best approach that area?

Thanks again!

see if they are loose ,if not remove the base put dishwasher on a block of wood shine torch underneath to see where the leak is .

last posts have been very helpful. Found the leak and was able to fix it.

Now the last light flashes (nr 4), which means that:
'Temp not reached whilst heating ( poss NTC detached from casing)'
Somehow the machine showed this problem a little while ago, but especially while using washing program nr1. Now as well with washing program nr3.

Do you have any idea how to approach this problem? And what exactly is the NTC?

Thanks for your time and advise!

remove door panel ntc is attatched to the rear off dispenser a little white thing with 2 black wires on it refit to the clip on the dispenser.

Led 1= Prewash / 3hr
Led 2= Wash / 6hr
Led 3= Rinses / 9 hr
Led 4= Drying / 12hr

LED. illuminated

1+2 = Pump timeout, or Software recognition error ( timer not programmed, wrong keypad)

2+3 = Not filling

It is usually necessary to 'reset' the machine after a fault code has been displayed.

Resetting.
Switch dishwasher OFF, rotate the selector switch to STOP/CHANGE and switch on, after a few seconds the LEDS will go out enabling a new programme to be selected

I have an IDL 705, originally was tripping main circuit due to a leak, now fixed. how ever on restarting the DW lights 1 and 3 flash (presume = circulation pump??) is there an easy fix? or will i need to replace pump?
generally how much would it cost to get a service engineer in to do it?

Thanx for any advice

Zarni

Identified the NTC finally. Tried to refit it (still seems a bit loose). Do I need to get some of the white paste to increase contact?
The 4th LED still flashes whatever I tried until now. Do NTC's wear out or stop working some time? Or is it just the attachment?

Kind regards.

bend the metal strip that holds it in and tighen the screw or put a blob of glue to hold it in .

Led 1= Prewash / 3hr
Led 2= Wash / 6hr
Led 3= Rinses / 9 hr
Led 4= Drying / 12hr

LED. illuminated

2+3 = Not filling

Resetting.

Hi there,
Hopefully you can help me with mine ? The 2nd & 4th are flashing which thanks to your guide says that it is the Heating circuit. But how would you recommend I go about trying to fix this myself?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Nick

Yes heater is faulty but check it with a meter just to be sure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back