potterton netaheat profile not staying on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya All..

having a real nightmare with a 'POTTERTON NETAHEAT PROFILE 50e' The old school system boiler
On an 8 rad system it fires up and will only stay on longest on temp marks 2-3. One rad will not fill up at all. (could the boiler be locking up due to this rad acting as a massive airlock??)The boiler will not stay on long for any other temp mark and needs resetting every other day. Heat only generates on the upstairs rads and the first rad from the boiler is always hot no matter what.
Before i start spending could anybody give me any ideas to what the cause may be or is a combi install imminent???

Thanks and suggestions

Sponsored Links
why would you want a combi boiler?

is the system running dry? i.e empty header tank or a blocked cold feed. if you can't bleed the rads then i'd check that first.

Sponsored Links
The Netaheat Profile is quite repairable as long as there are no holes in the casing.

The earlier Netaheats are reliable but many parts are no longer available.

As stated, a pump or feed problem seems likely. Not really the boiler's fault although a good service would be a good idea.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back