Corrrugated glass fibre hip roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to make an outside structure shower proof for summer. It is a wooden structure about the size of a single garage but with a hipped roof (it's just got a tarp over it at the moment). Does anyone know how to make a hipped roof using the corrugated stuff? How do you butt it up down the hips? Any ideas folks?

If you go to this page there is a hipped pergola - that's what I'm trying to do.

http://www.builderbill-diy-help.com/roof.html#mozTocId129612

Can you think of something I could use to get the same effect?

Sponsored Links
I always understood these corrugated sheet suppliers provided accessories such as hip and ridge capping to cover these details.

The sheets themselves are cut up the ridge (crude as you like with a grinder) with say a 25mm gap to allow for through fixing of the hip caps.

Probably.

Yes thanks. I've seen the cap sheet but not the hip. Maybe I should try and contact the supplier? Or use a bit of mini guttering upside down.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back