Wahts the best way to make a toilet flush quieter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum has a toilet that most of the times sounds really noisy when flushing. Whats the best way to get a quiet flush?

Any help I'd be really grateful. ty

Sponsored Links
Is it the actual flush that's noisy, or the cistern re-filling?

It sounds like a loud vibrating noise for about five seconds coming from the feed pipe when you flus the toilet? She lives on the top floor flat. It dosen't happen all of the time??

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a loud vibrating noise for about five seconds coming from the feed pipe when you flus the toilet? She lives on the top floor flat. It dosen't happen all of the time??

I would bet it doesn't happen when the people in the other flats are at home. At peak times the water pressure is eased by other users in the flats or elsewhere.

As noted by others, the sound is almost certainly due to the ballvalve and if a new washer doesn't fix it, a replacement ballvalve probably will. There are similar ballvalves for side entry cisterns if the existing one is fitted with one, otherwise the example given by tamz should do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back