Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
have got a dell latitude d505 running xp pro,
have recently formated it as got a virus from some *ahem* dodgy film file
now have re-installed xp and drivers for the laptop,
insert belkin fd5010 (i think) version 7 wirless nic and all is up and running,
updates fine untill i install sp3 then the wireless card keeps disabling itself, have reinstalled card, drivers and belkin utilities after uninstalling them but keeps doing it,
any ideas as to whats wrong,
thanks in advance for any advice

drew

Sponsored Links
Hi

Can you be more specific. Does the wireless card install ok and pick up any networks, or can you not even get this far? Have you tried obtaining the latest drivers from the belkin website as the older ones may have issues with SP3.

is it internal wireless card, or a USB "dongle" have to ask, many people call them both cards...

hi, it is a pcmia card i think that you plug into the side,
i can install it i have got the latest drivers from belkin support it works, i can find the networks but after a couple of minuets the wireless connection disables, with a code 22
at the moment it is working am using version 6 drivers (its version7)and uninstalled sp3
thanks for your time helping

Drew

Sponsored Links
in the device manager (right click my computer/properties/hardware/device manager.

when it disconnects, does it show up as device disabled or an error (ie a red cross next to it, or a warning triangle) or does it disappear al together.

main reason for this is if it stays there and installed correctly, it is more likely a wireless problem rather than a hardware one.

i have solved it,
for those who are interested or having the same problems
all i did was copied the driver then uninstall the belkin wireless utility
the reinstalled the card without the utility using the copied driver when asked for it, so far so good, been up and running for a week now :)

thanks for your time

Drew

Many thanks - I had the same problem with PCMCIA Belkin card and Toshiba laptop - the card would also disable when the laptop went on battery - you suggestion has certainly fixed that

Sponsored Links
Back