toilet cistern fixing bolts and washers????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey everybody

i have a push button flush bog and its leaking through the fixing bolts so obviously the rubber conical washers have failed has any of you had this problem and how did you remedy it and also where can i get new parts (bolts and washers) from as upto now i cant find them anywhere :confused:

Sponsored Links
that idea is the stupidest idea i've seen
better with the ones that secure to the fixing plates.

either fit new rubbers/bolts or where the bolt comes through the cistern
fill it with clear silicone then tighten the bolts up and re-fit to pan.

Sponsored Links
where from? even plumbcentre dont have them or at least mine doesnt i cant even find them off net

I fitted one a few months back that had no fixings at all. it was held in place by the screws holding the cistern to the wall. Believe it or not, it did actually work.

If you know the manufacturer, try ringing their customer services dept and they may be able to post some to you.

lunns plumbing on the net do them.

and i have brought them somewhere before but not sure where. :rolleyes:

If you can't find them, I use:
6mm stainless studding, A2 stainless penny washers and nuts (nylock are best), plus 6 3/4" tap washers.
So, cut a length of stainless studding, screw a nylock nut on, add a penny washer, then a 3/4" tap washer - pass it through the cistern from above.
Where it comes through, add another tap washer, then a penny washer followed by a nut. Tighten the assembly up - you can add some silicone for good measure, if you like.
Then pass the 2 studs through the pan - add another tap washer, followed by yet another penny washer, and finally the final nut - preferably a wing type.
See?
And, in the mean time, I shall continue looking for a life :p
Cheers
John :)

thanks guys and burnerman
bloody lunns want £18.93 with delivery the robbing beggers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back