Blocking up 1930s Air Vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Was just looking for a bit of advice i currently have these big metal air vents in a couple of the bedrooms and would like to fill them in.
They all have open shut windows and pretty good ventilation but they are basically big holes straight to the outside and really cold.

I have removed one and covered with a cheap plastic adjustable vent which to be honest looks horrid so would like the hole blocked now.
So whats the easiest way to go about this!!

Many thanks

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Remove the vent cover internally, remove the air-brick externally and any sleeving.

External - tooth out the half bricks and/or closures and brick up and point to match existing.

Internal - mortar in bricks to suit.

In both instances brush out all dust, damp down, allow to dry a little then apply mortar.

Lovely thanks for the reply noseall I will tackle this at the weekend or at least prepare it as its quite a big hole.

Regards

Wayne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back