Have I Gone Overboard-Pipe Sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed 22mm F & R away from the boiler and used 22mm T's with a 15mm offsets to feed each rad individually, the rads are within 3 mts of the T's, people that have seen it suggested 10mm would have been quite adequate and easier to work with to make the pipework discreet.

What does the team think ?

The jobs done but i'm curious.

Cheers Mick.

Sponsored Links
Always prefer the largest pipe to rad connections you can get ie15mm.

Unless it is particularly intrusive i think you have made the right decision

Sponsored Links
Always 15mm to the rads. Plus, 15mm is readily available with chrome plating, which gives a professional touch when the tails only have a short run out of the floor or wall into the valves.

Always 15mm to the rads. Plus, 15mm is readily available with chrome plating, which gives a professional touch when the tails only have a short run out of the floor or wall into the valves.

i cant think of anytjing more DIY than chrome pipe into rad valves.(chrome towel rads are the exception) :rolleyes:

i cant think of anytjing more DIY than chrome pipe into rad valves.(chrome towel rads are the exception) :rolleyes:
Exactly. Especially when there are so many braided flexis on the market

I completely disagree. Plain copper pipe into the valves, which are almost always chrome, looks absolutely horrid. What's more, it will tarnish over time.

If you honestly think that this...

...would have looked better with bare copper tails, then you're welcome to your opinion, but it wouldn't be at all to my taste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back