Need help on changing washer on tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am trying to replace the washer on a leaky sink tap for the first time, i have read a couple of things on how to do it, but I am not sure if am supposed to remove the plastic bit on the top as it doesn't seem to come off and I have only succeeded in chipping bits of plastic off it.
If I loosen the tap to full on position I can almost get my wrench underneath the nut cover but is just a fraction to big, I wonder if anybody has home across these types of taps before?
I have put a picture in my album images.
I would appreciate any help on this,
thanks

Sponsored Links
There should be either a small grub screw on the side of the head holding it on, or possibly if you prise the blue decal out the top, you will find a screw under there. Remove screw, head will just pull off.

As Hugh says, these taps have a small slotted grub screw on the side of the head. This secures the head to the valve spindle. As a tip - put the plug in the sink in case you drop anything.

Steve

There isn't a screw on the side, any tips for getting the blue cap off?
I have been trying to prise it off with a stanley knife, but so far only seems to be cutting it up.

Sponsored Links
no- he`s gone to get some blue tack to put back where the blue bit was :idea:

no- he`s gone to get some blue tack to put back where the blue bit was :idea:

Probably not got to that bit yet :LOL: Still be standing blinded by sweat, nuckles all skinned trying to get the spindle out :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back