dishwasher keeps filling even when off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher keeps filling up even when it is off. I am assuming that this must have something to do with an inlet valve that is leaking. Can anyone explain where to find this on a Bosch semi integrated dishwasher?
What does the aqua stop do? Could it have something to do with that? I think the model number of the dishwasher is 9000 166 947.

Sponsored Links
The waste pipe is connected to the u tube under the sink. From what I can see the other end of the pipe connects to the impeller at the bottomof the dishwasher. Something else I've noticed is a faint sound inside the dishwasher when it's off and with the door open (presumably when it's closed as well). This sound very much like a fine jet of water or wtare going through a valve.

Sponsored Links
It's most likely a faulty solenoid valve and it's letting by. The aquavalve is also a solenoid valve but it's purpose is to shut off the water supply should the supply hose burst. Follow the water mains supply into the washer and there will be a small in line valve with wires attached. You can get new valves cheaply from a spares supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back