ADT Honeywell Galaxy Alarm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI Guys,

I have a ADT Honeywell Galaxy Alarm series 2 alarm fitted by ADT.

I had a battery failure in a pir and I fitted a new battery and tried to use the alarm but instead of arming it states "Managers Reset Required" in the display after entering my code and night setting.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix it?

Regards

Ted

Sponsored Links
Looks like the code you are using is a user code. There will have been a "managers code" entered into the system when installed. (this code has more authority than user codes) This is the code you need to carry out the reset.

Hi

Any idea how I would get this "Managers Code"? I have asked ADT and they say an engineer has to call but it's £110 call out and $45 for half an hour and to pay that to put in 4 digits is a total ripoff.

They are also P***** off that I have changed the batteries myself as they charge £33 each PIR which would have cost a further £150+. I bought and replaced the batteries for £1.99 each.

Because I bought this system outright I would have thought that practise illegal or am I clutching at straws.

Ted

As daft as this will read, try 1234 - that is the Default User Code for this RANGE OF GALAXY PANELS, (TAKEN FROM THE MANUAL), they might not have changed it, you never know, fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
on some of the galaxy panels it is (or might be)
54321 or 4321.

try that if not contact me and i might have the default codes for thos panel
(engineer default)

post me your email address & iwill tell you how to factory reset the codes.

Thanks Dave, can you send the info to movistar100 at yahoo.co.uk let me know when you send so I can look out for it.

Thanks again, Ted

Hi All,
new here, but with an old problem by the look of things... I need to factory reset the master and engineer codes for a Honeywell Galaxy Series 2 alarm system. The Alarm is working fine I just need to stop it calling ADT every day. I noticed that dave58 mentions he has the instructions. Any chance I can get a copy?

your system will be programmed to do this as you have a monitored system?

the thing with ADT is they own the kit, (unless you bought it outright, and are just paying for the monitoring)

the best plan is, if you own it, is to contact a local SSAIB company (or NSI) and have one of there engineers come out and sort it.

we fit Galaxy to every job we do, but we have to be careful as to what systems we take over, as we have to get the comms transferred over to our monitoring station (ARC).

how long has the system been in place?
are you still under contract?

if you could give a little more information this would help

john

Hi John,
I'll follow up your suggestion about finding a local installer to see if they can help.

The system (Galaxy 2-12 c012) was installed before I bought the house, I'm guessing quite a few years, and is no longer under contract. I spoke to ADT and they suggested either pay them a call out fee, or just power off the unit and remove the battery to disable it. They said the last house owner should have had it decommissioned when he cancelled the contract (I guess that would have cost the usual ADT £120)

My ideal solution would be to get the master / engineer codes reset (I have the user code) then use the system as a stand alone alarm without monitoring. I'm an electronics / software engineer by trade so quite happy to maintain it myself.

I have a copy of the installation manual and currently have removed the telephone line connection from the unit, but this then flags a fault when it tries to call out. I can live with that for the moment.

if you access the end station try the following

remove mains
remove battery

put a link between 0v and tamper on the siren out pins on the pcb

remove connections to zone 1 (1001)

defeat panel tamper switch, put the end station panel screw in place
then power the panel up bay battery first then mains

enter default code 1234 (or12345)
this should silence the system
then ESC
then enter default engineers code 1122 or 112233 depends on software version
then ENT
enter engineer code again that should default back to factory

BE AWARE BY DOING THIS YOU NOW HAVE TO REPROG THE WHOLE SYSTEM

do not do this unless you have either an engineers book or have knowledge of the system

contact me if you need any further help

john

John, this is a public forum and that kind of information on here is just plain wrong. for all you know 0xFFFF could be billy burglar.

As a pro installer, you should know better, think of your own customers security :mad:

This nonsense about giving out technical details is just plain silly. You can get every manual for every alarm for a tenner. What good is it to a crook anyway? They break in and and pinch stuff - not reset your alarm system for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back