cleaning enamel bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got an enamel bath, enamel is in good enough econdition, but the bath is dull, is there any way to get it glossy again?

Sponsored Links
t-cut? will that get the glossy look back? have you ever or known anyone to try that?

T-cut will restore dull paint back to life on cars so I can't see why not, you could try it on out of sight area to see what happen or you can buy enamel bath cleaner

Sponsored Links
Is it limescale causing the problem, is so try a limescale remover.

A good way of cleaning and enamel bath is to fill it with warm water, stir in a couple of handfuls of biological washing powder, and leave for 24 hours if possible.

I have polished mine with a battery operated car polisher, just the mop head of course, no wax. It improved the appearance but it was only temporary.
It is possible to get the bath re-enamelled.

what kinda money we talking about to get it re-enammelled?
It isnt limesacle thats the problem, its just very dull looking, we just moved into the house, going to try the t-cut with the polisher tonight

heard about a product called "tuuby bath restoration" supposed to be the bees kness for this, has anyone used it or heard how it works?

Try jiff lemon juice.
squirt the lemon around the bath leave for half an hour and rinse off sounds daft but works well

shiznit76 said:
heard about a product called "tuuby bath restoration" supposed to be the bees kness for this, has anyone used it or heard how it works?

Isn't this what you asked in a previous post? As it didn't get any 'tales of experience', why ask again :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back