DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Help needed in France

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Electrics Outside of the UK
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tewesday

from France

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif

Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if this is allowed on this forum so forgive me if I am breaking the rules but we are in the process of restoring an old house in the armagnac region of South West France
where we hope to run small organic food cooperative with art workshops and alternative health centre with meditation facilities and good food and accommodation in the countryside ... away from the pressures of modern living.

We are working on a very limited budget so I a wondered if any qualified electrician might be interested in free food and accommodation in France in return for some help?

If anyone is interested I would love to hear from you.
Rebecca
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
andy

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote

not interested, but it would be somewhat useful if we actually knew what was to be done
 Alert Moderators
breezer

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote

the other thing is, you would need an electrician that knows French wiring practices
 Alert Moderators
Tewesday

from France

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies Andrew and Breezer
icon_redface.gif
Yes ... Of course you are right the electrician would have to know about French regulations ... But I can get some information on French systems and rules before anyone started. My French is OK ( not perfect) but I would think we could manage. Also there are very good DIY shops where they sell all the equipment and give advice and plans etc.

It is an old house which was once two properties ( there are two fuse boxes) Some of the wiring looks newish and pretty good but some of it is a bit scary! It has been uninhabited for about six months I think and I assume everything was working somehow or other up until then. I can't say what needs to be done the 'expert' would have to decide when he ( or she) sees whats there.

Breezer ... you sent me a link to a French site a few months back ... I was thinking of mailing there but have decided to ask here first.
Thanks again
Rebecca
 Alert Moderators
Adam_151

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote

I think FWL wired a french house to british standards once, and it passed a french inspection, with the french rolling their eyes at how over engineered it was.

I saw that when I was new to the site and was reading through a lot of old posts
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Electrics Outside of the UK All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: