Wireless Problems with Netgear DG834GT router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to set up my Samsung N130 netbook to connect wirelessly to my netgear DG834GT router (SKY) but failing miserably!
It works fine with ethernet cable but not without.
The notebook "sees" my router when searching but wont connect.
I've tried resetting the router, typing the correct network key at various security settings and also disabling security altogether on the netgear settings page but to no avail.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any other machine connected via wireless or is this the first ?

Any MAC address filtering turned on on the router ?

I have had loads of problems with my DG834GT router . Have had it about a year... but still struggle to connect sometimes. Best thing to do seems to be to log on to the router... put http://192.168.0.1 into the browser field (no WWW!), and then put in your password - Admin/password... go to connection status (at the bottom) and disconnect and then connect.... it usually says LCP Down for me!!!

If you do ever get online, download the latest firmware..... from the Netgear website.

And then you can also power down your router (for a good 10 seonds) and reboot!

Good luck

have you put the key in!!
mines is 50 40 30 20 10 and i believe its factory default !!

Sponsored Links
Hi, I managed to get it going eventually after messing with various settings (dont ask me what ones lol).
Been away so not been able to reply.
Thanks for your info i'll see about getting latest firmware.

I have exactly the same equipment and problem as the OP.

The NC130 "sees" the LAN but will not communicate through it.

Where do I go to check its settings and perhaps enter the Key as listed above?

Tony

Whewn I try that in my main computer it comes up as unknown!

Tony

Whewn I try that in my main computer it comes up as unknown!

Tony

try it in the search box without the http

and you will get related links to articles ;)

i get this and a box for user name then password

site says:
A user name and password are being requested by http://192.168.0.1. The "NETGEAR DG834PN "

The address Big-all wrote is correct,
Did you have any luck?
If you did get to the point where your entering the wep key I found it had to be in capital letters in order for the connection to be accepted.

It will not display, saying "internal server error".

AOL can be a little different!

But when I try accessing that site from the mobile through "3" internet, it will not load either giving server error.

Tony

What ISP are you with?
Does your router need to have the AOL firmware on it in order for it to work on that network?
Is there any information on the base of it about accessing the settings.
My sky one doesn't give any information about this but I put a Virgin router in for my sister yesterday and it had all the info on the base of it.

I am with AOL.

The router was supplied by AOL ( as TalkTalk ).

There is nothing to help on the base of the router.

The 5040302010 does not work.

If I save up and go to Starbucks, what "Key" do I need in the phone WLAN setting.

Why do others just seem to turn on and connect?

A friend did have to call an expect to help her connect her computer on a wired basis to AOL.

Tony

I have exactly the same equipment and problem as the OP.
No you don't - you need to start a new topic.

The NC130 "sees" the LAN but will not communicate through it.

Where do I go to check its settings and perhaps enter the Key as listed above?
You go to the new topic.

AOL can be a little different!
Then ditch AOL change to a proper ISP :rolleyes:

I am with AOL.

The router was supplied by AOL ( as TalkTalk ).
That's two fundamental mistakes you've made.

If I save up and go to Starbucks, what "Key" do I need in the phone WLAN setting.
Only Starbucks will know the answer to that question. Do you actually understand the question that you're asking?

Why do others just seem to turn on and connect?
Because they're using a sensible ISP and sensible equipment.

A friend did have to call an expect to help her connect her computer on a wired basis to AOL.

A friend?! Don't be silly.

A large number of AOL (talktalk) supplied routers must be connected to a pc via network cable and set up using the instl. cd BEFORE the wi-fi will work. The set up must be done via lan connection - it will not work via wi-fi like a shop bought one can.

I have lost count of the amount of friends/colleagues who have changed to talktalk recently and decided to replace their own routers to the new talktalk one - then found the same problem!

Paul

Sponsored Links
Back