tightness testing r5 gas meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i am doing my portfolio work for my gas (acops) cert. i have to change a boiler which is no prob. the prob is the meter is a r5 meter. it is larger than a u6, but looks bt same size as a u16.
wanted to make sure i tightness test right........... the test nipple is on the body of the meter and not the outlet neck. do i test same as a u6.... ie 1min@ 10mb then 1min@20mb then 2 min.
i can ask the guy who is checking my work but wanted to first try n find out my self.
if any delightfull engineers can help wld appreciate it

fanx
paul

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
can see why ugot mouse in ure name
actually not...... apprentice trained in 2 trades allready n have been for 20yrs. u used the words chancer n cowboy u must be judgin out ur own hole.
if this site is to help people, wat a sad person u r spending ure bank holiday on a site you no interest in its ethos

The test period is always 2 mins even for a U16 meter but the permissible drops differ with meter sizes.Ive nor seen R5 meters?

The test period is always 2 mins even for a U16 meter but the permissible drops differ with meter sizes.Ive nor seen R5 meters?

test period isnt always 2mins.45 years in the game,you should know that ;)

can see why ugot mouse in ure name
actually not...... apprentice trained in 2 trades allready n have been for 20yrs. u used the words chancer n cowboy u must be judgin out ur own hole.
if this site is to help people, wat a sad person u r spending ure bank holiday on a site you no interest in its ethos

3rd trade lucky eh? Or maybe not. . . .

Are you working illegally and asking a diy forum for advice? Very classy.

Can you step back a moment and view yourself as we do?

First your profile gives no information about you. You dont explain anything in your posting either.

You use the term ACOPS which finished about eight years ago.

You dont even say what "trades" you have learnt before and why you seem to be failing at all off them and trying something new.

At least you have the rudeness and agressiveness which seems to go with many people working in the plumbing field. I am not sure that will get you very far on its own though.

If you read the rules ( in red ) on here first you would see that we are not permitted to give advice on DIY gas work.

I would always say that you should be asking your trainer/supervisor as they are tasked with providing you with comprehensive training delivered in the correct order.

If you are not gas registered you would not be doing ANY gas work except under the direct supervision of your trainer.

If you are gas registered you would be asking in the correct place the CC on this site.

Tony

R5 doesn't denote meter size just that it has a pulsed output capable or remote reading.

As for how to test it,surely it'll be easy to find in your guidence notes,course notes etc as it's now a domestic meter if it's a u16

Well said Agile. Anyone saying they are studying ACOPS is an effin idiot.

Alfredo

lcgs, The test period IS always 2 Mins, I'm not talking about stabilisation or let-by times just the actual test time.

45 year gasman let me take that shovel out of your hands before you dig too deep a hole with your comments.

Lee fill your boots son :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back