baxi boiler prv leaking and pressure dropping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently replaced a radiator and topped up my baxi boiler pressure. Then noticed a leak coming from radiator (only small) and when checked the pressure was at 3.5. I used the prv (red cap) to release the pressure and now the prv is still dripping, not loads but it is causing pressure to slowly drop on boiler! Also there is still a very small slow leak coming from radiator on one side. What is the problem? Do I need to get someone out to sort the prv problem?

Sponsored Links
some thing got stuck inside the prv stoping it shutting down properly
could fixed by removing it and cleaning or replacing it not hard job

Try spinning it a few time muck on the valve seat can sometimes be cleaned off doing that

Open the filling loop and the prv at the same time to flush mains water through it, should clear any c**p.

Sometimes they just wont stop dripping though and need to be changed.

The prv should normally discharge a 3bar so if the pressure in the boiler was 3.5bar its faulty and needs replacing sharpish.

Sponsored Links
The prv should normally discharge a 3bar so if the pressure in the boiler was 3.5bar its faulty and needs replacing sharpish.

and so does your expansion vessel (or it may just need recharged if your lucky) unless the excess pressure was caused by you putting in to much when you changed the rad

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back