Some problems...

This site like most similar ones is paid for by advertising, mostly the ones like the Norwich Union above but also the paid listing of suppliers and advertisers. Properly managed they can be quite profitable.

The financial success of this site will be largely dependent on the number of visitors to the site. Part of attraction in my opinion would be a forum where members of the public could obtain informed advice and comments on the problems they have with their homes and vehicles. The professionals who give up their time and experience need to be encouraged otherwise it will not work.

There is also the attraction of a forum where people working in specific fields can discuss topics they are involved with amongst other professionals.

Keeping the site attractive to visitors includes ensuring that the postings are useful and not slanging matches or useless chit chat. This is quite important but equally so is that any deleted or edited message is done in a sensitive way with a proper explanation of why this has happened. I dont see this here that often.

I had a "Final Warning" with no explanation of what I had done and no "Previous Warnings" either. An enquiry produced no reply. Kevin above has apparently had several similar experiences. There is also a discussion which was locked yesterday with no explanation.

The impression I get is that these anonymous moderators are nit picking on regular posters rather than being more strict in keeping the forum serious. Most people here show their locations as somewhere that is clearly totally false. That should not be allowed and lowers the tone.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,

I have looked into your query regarding the topic being locked and at the bottom of the topic there is reason as to why it was locked, which is that is dredging up an old topic from months back.

Not sure about your 'Final Warning' but if you point me to where it was given I can look into it for you.

HTH
DIYnot.com

I said:
I could probably work out exactly where you live. If I can do it, a real psychopath could (getting paranoid yet?).

If you need any more convincing
See this.

Post supplied by Andrew2022 on a separate thread.

As you will know from my previous posting here I am not very happy with the way your anonymous moderators here use their powers to chop, change and delete perfectly reasonable postings.

I posted today in the general DIY about a problem relating to DIY Conveyancing. The unamed Moderator moved it to the general chat bin where irrelevant stuff it placed. I suggested he moved it back. My comment and his reply was:-

I posted this in the general DIY classification because it relates to a problem which has arisen during DIY conveyancing.

The unnamed Moderator has moved it to General Chat.

How can a problem with a DIY situation be "General Chat " which is where you put rubbish postings about people's football teams?

Please would you move it back or ask your boss to explain to my why he gives you free reign to upset people?

I would also ask why you are frightened to give your proper name?

Tony Glazier

"""""""""""""""MOD

it was moved beacause it does not come under general diy

if you wish to complain about my actions

[email protected] should help you

and no i wont move it back , also i havent got a boss i do this thankless job for the good of the forum

and quite a few people on this forum know who i am

not my decision again down to admin """"""""""""

Can I ask "Admin" if he really wants this unamed moderator to upset people on your forum. If you think its a good idea to nit-pick then why not clean up your site by deleting profiles which say that the person reside in false places like the Vatican. It hardly creates a serious image!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
it might have escaped your notice mr glazier
but this is a DIY site
we try to help the man in the street to sort what are not usually major probs

you on the other hand want to approach this with the big" i am" approach

try a search you will find that it may take three pages but we get there in the end

as for the phantom mod well we just have to live with that mate

This was a problem which has arisen related to a DIY conveyancing situation which although perfectly legal to DIY has come up against a solicitor who refuses to sell his clients property unless the purchaser uses a solicitor. Perfectly valid DIY I thought, but evidently Kevin disagrees!

Kevin himself is one of the moderators here! Presumably using his hidden identity to snipe at me and others!

I don't really understand Kevins reply, but clearly I am not very welcome here !

So

Bye Bye.

Tony

Agile, one day you may read this.
you said I posted today in the general DIY about a problem relating to DIY Conveyancing. The unamed Moderator moved it to the general chat bin where irrelevant stuff it placed. I suggested he moved it back. My comment and his reply was:-

I posted this in the general DIY classification because it relates to a problem which has arisen during DIY conveyancing.

The unnamed Moderator has moved it to General Chat.

How can a problem with a DIY situation be "General Chat " which is where you put rubbish postings about people's football teams?

Please would you move it back or ask your boss to explain to my why he gives you free reign to upset people?

I would also ask why you are frightened to give your proper name?

It has been mentioned on this forum (several times) that this is a DIY forum, it is for people to post their questions and and for others to give their opinions, that is all this forum is here for.

In doing the above if you post in the wrong forum or what is considered to be the wrong forum then your post will be moved as mentioned in forum rules
General diy is only to be used if your question does not fit in any other category, yours fits in with general chat so it was moved.

It makes no difference who the moderators are, at the end of the day we are still moderators (and your guess is to who is a moderator is not correct)

No one asks you to post on these forums, in short if you do not like it then please go elsewhere.

Its a pity Kevin that when you do not like a reply you react by deleting it.

Its also disappointing if you genuinely want to help people that you have not replied to the fellow with the M90 to tell him that it is the gas valve which is stuck!

Tony Glazier

Mr Glazier what part of "kevplumb is not a moderator" do you not understand?

The untruths!

it's also a pity anthony that you don't get that chip off your shoulder

you are a very informed guy your attitude does not do you justice

Sponsored Links
Back