mouldy squashes and courgettes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

I'm trying to grow a good variety of veg, on a small scale, this year to see what I can manage. My courgette and squash plants have absolutely shot up, and out. There are a good number of fruit on each. However, about 60%-80% of them get to about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long and then go mouldy.

I've just taken the first brice courgette off tonight which is a really good size. However, as I say, most of the rest get to a certain size and then get covered in mould.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
try taking off the petals of the flower at the end of the courgette when the flower starts to die..

This can happen with the first few off the plant.

I always seem to lose the first few courgettes(even removing the flowers), but the later ones when the plants are fully established are fine.

If it carries on, maybe they're not getting pollinated and need pollinating by hand?

If it happens to bigger courgettes, remove them as soon as it starts and eat the good bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back