100mm gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
The plastic guttering on my house is 100mm. I have a broken gutter bracket. Went to B&Q to buy a replacement - but only 112mm brackets are available. This obviously won't fit my existing gutters.
Is there a solution to this - or do I have to replace all the gutters with the 112mm design? (Seems a bit excessive!)
Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
take an origional bracket to your local plumbers merchant or builders merchants

Use the larger one. At least it will support the gutter even if it does not clamp it into position.

You could always fire a screw through the very top of the bracket to prevent the gutter from lifting.

Meanwhile search for the correct size to suit yours or modernise your gutter at a later date.

Hello
The plastic guttering on my house is 100mm. I have a broken gutter bracket. Went to B&Q to buy a replacement - but only 112mm brackets are available. This obviously won't fit my existing gutters.
Is there a solution to this - or do I have to replace all the gutters with the 112mm design? (Seems a bit excessive!)
Any marks /names on bracket :?: can you post a pic . You may have a real old/obscure make :cry:

Sponsored Links
Yes, you are correct - it's Marley guttering. But it's all very serviceable. I just have a broken bracket...

Marley with a triangular back and 2 screwholes ? -

OK - thanks for your help. I (think) I've fixed it.
Following a suggestion here, I used the new 112mm bracket with a small hole drilled in it, near the top. Used a self tapping screw to hold the gutter / take up the gap. It's in place and it looks like a bit of a bodge (which it is) - but it works. So thanks again.
Yes I know it's not the most robust gutter - they must be 25 years old.

Can anyone shed any light on why 'they' chose 112mm? Seems like such an obscure dimension to me.

Regards to all.

i reccon when some manufacturers make things different from the norm,its to make sure you have to go back and buy their spares.

All you need to find is your local trade plumber supplier with the old stock fittings.B&Q will only sell the current supplies of new stocks

Hi,

Did you ever find any 100mm Marley brackets to do a "Proper job"? If you are interested I have a few, and other bits of Marley 100mm in grey that I kept when I replaced my guttering a fey years back with modern white, as I knew they were impossible to find and may be useful to someone! (And I hate throwing stuff away) Anyway let me know if you are interested, free to a good home for cost of the postage! they are probably 40 years old +, but OK although as you have found a little brittle.

Cheers

Hello

Hi,

Did you ever find any 100mm Marley brackets to do a "Proper job"? If you are interested I have a few, and other bits of Marley 100mm in grey that I kept when I replaced my guttering a fey years back with modern white, as I knew they were impossible to find and may be useful to someone! (And I hate throwing stuff away) Anyway let me know if you are interested, free to a good home for cost of the postage! they are probably 40 years old +, but OK although as you have found a little brittle.

Cheers

Hello

Hi Chrisnw,
Do you still have any 100mm grey Marley gutter bits? Looking for some brackets and coupling straps. I don't know how this forum works - please advise regarding contact. Thanks.

Hi,

Cheers

Hello

Hi Chrisnw,
Do you still have any 100mm grey Marley gutter bits? Looking for some brackets and coupling straps. I don't know how this forum works - please advise regarding contact. Thanks.

Yes I still have them. "Wooster" had found some elswhere.
Private Contact via the "Messages" button at the top of the forum page when logged in I think. I'll go and check exactly what I have and send you a message via that route later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back