Bosch Dishwasher -SGV53E03GB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
My dishwasher has developed a fault tonight. When it is put on a cycle it fills up and then keeps pumping out. Ive pulled it out and taken the side off. the fesh water comes in via the matrix type thing and starts to fill. Eventually it gets to the point where the red float activates the drain pump. As the float bobs the pump cuts in and out and it goes on like this till i open the door. If i hold the float down to over fill the machine to possibly kick in the cycle it does nothing, and as soon as my fingers off the float pumps out the machine. Help!
Thanks in advance
Rob

Sponsored Links
you have a leak and water is collecting in the base and then activating drain pump via the safety float switch.

Power off

Panels off,kick plate and lower cover plate off will give you some access.

Popular places are the front hose between pressure chamber and sump,pressure chamber itself,main circulation pump and heater seals.

Tilt the machine backward and forward say 45 degree to get rid of the water
When you are happy most of the flood water is gone power on and start a rinse cycle

....observe with care.......there are live components in there.

Hopefully you will see a drip.......high prob its the motor seals.

Posting the model number and FD number should get more specific info.

Hi
the model is SGV53E03GB/74
i have got all the sides off and kick plate and cant see a leak. the water supply indicator comes on when the door is open. its as if the machine doesn't know how much water its getting? i have looked at the supply pipe an it has a big block on the supply end. i'm guessing this is a pressure switch? just before the water enters the water/drain matrix there appears to be a flow meter. could this be goosed causing the machine not to know how much water its receiving from the supply?

You say

Red float switch is activating drain pump=water in base

How is the water getting into the base?

Check if the pressure chamber is gunged up and not stopping
the fill from the matrix which could give an overflow

Your machine has the aquastop external inlet valve
and impellor jug flow meter.

From what I know...

The aquastop usually fails and no water at all
The impellor jug is known to fail and underfill

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. I have no knowledge of dishwasher internals so you will have to bear with me im sorry. Where/what is the pressure chamber? Water comes in through jug meter then into clear matrix then into the base of machine. You can see the water rise in the salt bit an in the base pipes till it overfills an the red float kicks in. If I take some pics tomorrow could you help identify parts etc? If the jug thing was *******sed could it think it didn't have enough water an keep filing it etc?

If its the float switch in the matrix it is likely you have a blocked matrix or pipework that goes to the pressure switch.

With the kick strip removed you should see some pipes coming from the matrix at the front, remove those and clean them out, also the matrix itself can get clogged with gunge (black crud which needs cleaning out)

The matrix looks pretty clean. Will take a few photos when I get home just to show which float is moving. I think it's more of a water level problem or a metering problem of the water entering the machine. Could be very wrong though.

there are pipes that come from the matrix and go to pressure switches and the sump, they can get blocked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back