Wickes slim plastic cistern - side fill to bottom fill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace an old slim plastic cistern with something similar. The existing one is a push button one with bottom fill and bottom overflow but I can't find a direct replacement.

Wickes do a slim plastic one for £22.00 which sounds good but is side fill and side over flow although the info on the Wickes website says it can be made into a bottom fill with additional items.

I went into my local Wickes today to ask what was required but they didn't seem to have a clue.

Has anyone any experience with this cistern and know what is required - I know I could re plumb for side fill but there is not much room.

Sponsored Links
Get a flush mechanism with a built in overflow so no external overflow pipes required. Bottom or side entry is just a case of drilling a core hole in the base and blanking off the side inlet hole.

Pete

Sponsored Links
I prefer a side fill, one less place to leak, and you can change the valve without having to drain the cistern

Thanks guys - After a bit of research I see the existing one is a Fordham. A replacement one looks as it will be over £100 so is a non-starter.

The ones from BES look promising so I think that is the way to go - £29 including vat and delivery and are bottom or side fill anyway.

Might be worth looking at Fordham. Google "Fordham cistern"
Fordham Flush Panel :idea: Used to replace high level clunkers :LOL: where the pan was close back to the wall - Now high level Victorian repro is back in fashion : If you`re in 1066 country ;) Look no further than the Plumbers Mate in Eastbourne - they even have a website now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back