vokera compact he boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have the above boiler and at present have no hot water or heating. The boiler itself fires up when hot tap is run and when heating is switched on but no heat or hot water follows. The light flashes green every 5 secs or so.

Can anyone offer any advice/ solutions?

Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
The heat has to be going somewhere, are the rads heating up when you run the hot tap ? are you sure its actually firing up?

It sounds as if it's firing up...as in it's the same noise when it did work.

Excuse my ignorance but I know nothing about boilers :oops: and as a single parent am dreading the cost of getting someone in to fix it!!

The manual is no help either...

Thanks for you reply..

Boiler has not fired up if green light is flashing, that it at stand by mode.
Run your hot tap and watch the light on the boiler. If the boiler goes to a solid green light the boiler has fired . If not switch off the tap and turn on all your heating controls to on, again watch the light on the boiler.If it again stays with a flashing green light it has not fired up.

If the above is what is happening there is a fault on the boiler and it is not going to the ignition stage for what ever reason. Most likely that there is a small blockage in the flue system, this would have to be looked at by a gas safe engineer.

If you can get a local company to call out and this is the fault the cost should not be to great 50 - 75 fora service and repair.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It's exactly as you have described. Flashing green constantly.

I'll contact someone to have a look.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Perhaps following addition might be appropriate- green light flashing every 5 seconds, boiler has no demand. on demand light flashes rapidly every half second to go solid when burner on.

correct but unit would go to a solid red if a failed ignition has occured, not reaching that point.

I am experiencing the same exact problem, what did the guy you got in say and how was it fixed? Any help would be great.

I had a problem with my boiler, the green light kept flashing every 0.5 seconds then after a while went a solid red, I was told that I had a problem with the condensation pipe. Which on my boiler is the grey tube that goes into the white one at the bottom right corner under the boiler, i had to disconnect the pipe ad drain the water, then the boiler worked properly as a sold green light. I had this problem due to the cold weather, not sure if this would be a problem in august.

many thanks to mevans1223 for this post. My boiler has been locking out in the recent very cold weather and exhibiting the same symptoms. I checked the condenser trap as suggested and it was full of water, which was easily drained by removing the small clear tube at the top of the trap. Once drained, the boiler fired right away. I'm unsure why the condenser trap is filling up but i suspect the drain pipe is freezing up or its blocked and not allowing condensation to drain out of the system :)

There are perhaps 100,000 boilers all over the country with frozen condensate pipes. Most owners learnt about this last year!

Its often possible to disconnect the condensate tube indoors and put it inot a bucket until the weather gets a bit warmer. However, thats technically incorrect as there is a water trap between the boiler and the outside in only some boilers and in any case you should not rely on that for safety.

Pouring hot water over the condensate pipe will often unfreeze it.

Tony

IF YOU HAVE TO DISCONNECT A CONDENSATE PIPE INDOORS DUE TO FROZEN CONDI PIPE OR BLOCKED SAME.IT IS ADVISABLE TO FIT A CO ALARM IN THE VACINITY OF THE SPLIT CONDI PIPE,BELTS AND BRACES REALLY. :rolleyes:

I MUST ADD THE REASON FOR THE co ALARM IS IN CASE THE CONDI TRAP RUNS DRY [FAT CHANCE ] THOUGH SOME BOILERS are unpredictable and in practice it could happen in which case poc.s could escape into the surrounding area.

water seals big enough on a vokera compact to say it wont run empty (75mm min)
therefore a co alarm for disconnecting the condensate pipes not really required and shouldnt scare you to do so

Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back