Texecom Hold Off Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've fitted a Texecom Premier 24 alarm to my house along with a COM2400 and an Odyssey bell.

I just noticed that the manuals I have for the COM2400 (Issue 3 and 4) provide conflicting information about connecting the small wire between COM1 on the 24 and the COM2400 module.

I presume this is the reason I cant get the SMS working, and so want to try connecting the cable (one manual says only to do it for old panels, one says for all 24 panels).

I assumed that by entering my engineer code this would invoke hold off mode and prevent the bell self activating if I removed power and battery from the Control Panel, however this doesnt seem to have worked as as soon as I pulled the battery lead the bell activated.

Does hold off mode only work if you open the boxes tampers by unscrewing the cover?

If so am I right in thinking to get to the CP without setting off the bell I have to envoke holf off by entering the code, then get the ladders out and open up the bell box, which will properly start hold off (or do i also need to disconnect the power here), and then I can open the control panel and remove its power?

Any help would be appreciated as I assumed (wrongly it seems) that hold off should have prevented the bell activating, when I cut its power from the CP.

Thanks,
Sam

Sponsored Links
You need to activate and deactivate the strobe output 3 times within 30 seconds to invoke hold-off

The right LED only will flash to confirm hold-off

Ah I didn't realise I had to do that from a Texecom panel, I assumed they automatically did it when you entered the engineer code (the manual seems to suggest they do)

Is there some way on a texecom panel to do this by an engineering command, other than by shorting the strobe wire in the panel, or is it a case of just shorting it a few times?

It seems a bit stupid to have this as a feature that they quite heavily advertise, and then not to support it automatically from the engineering menu/panel, i'd have assumed that what should happen is it should pulse the strobe whenever you enter the engineering code into the keypad!

Thanks for the info anyways, I'll do that next time!

Some panels did it automatically on entering engineers mode , I think that has now been stopped.You don't need to mess about with wire links , just fire the strobe from the test menu (bell test , strobe test etc).

Sponsored Links
No probs.

As for the feature, its really aimed at 2nd fix for the installer (quiet installation) but can be invoked using the strobe method for servicing.

Dont know the texecom panel range so not sure of the systems capabilities with regards to linking outputs to do this or that.

odyssey 3 is our sounder of choice though.

Thanks for the replies..

Yeah it seems that my panel doesnt do it when I enter engineers code, I followed Denford1's tip about the test output and just tried it and it worked perfectly.

Havent solved the other problem which is why i wanted to remove the power, but im gonna open a new thread for that one!

It would be nice if Texecom updated the manuals to inform you that the feature may not be available!

Thanks,
Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back