Need help wiring PIR's please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I in the middle of installing an alarm system for my house.
I need to know how to wire up the PIR's to the texecom 48 panel,

Theres 6 connections on the PIR and I have no idea what goes where to the panel.

Im not using resistors im just using 1 wire per sensor.

Anyone??

Sponsored Links
From what I read around the net..
The 12V+ and 12v- to the 12v AUX, and then the n/c connections to the A terminal on a zone and then the T to the tamper.

Anyone want to correct me?

Yes thats right , look at the diagram for double pole zone wiring on page 21 of the manual , just to confirm.

Hi thanks for your help,

The diagrams include resistors, I dnt want to use resistors,

Also I'm having problems wiring the pa buttons, can I use any zones wires that go into the pa button? Obviously wiring into the zone where the pa button is located.

Wiring the pa buttons is a nightmare because they never came with instructions,

Sponsored Links
The double pole diagrams do not have resistors , they are normally closed switches to indicate ,for example a door switch.
PA buttons don't come with diagrams because they are so easy..like door contacts , once you have done one , they are a piece of cake.The chrome screws denote where the mag switches are.The brass ones are for "parking" your tampers etc.
BTW did you locate a speaker? :)

thanks for your replies,
everyday is a school day on this forum. :)

about the pa switches can u use an pir's wiring for the tamper?

on the pa theres one for the cover tamper and then theres a little magnetic switch on the middle (which wire goes there?)

hi denford..
i've been told to just wire 1 ex. speaker but as ive got the expander unit im going to wire another speaker off that connection. so 1 speaker from the main panel and then another off the expander unit (8xp)

im going to get the kinetic ex. speaker as it looks nice and smooth on the corners :D

Im going to wire up 2 16 OHM speakers. The 8 OHM ones look really ugly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back