Hotpoint Aqualtis Reattach Seal to Drum?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hope you can help me. I was cleaning mould from the seal on the washing machine the other day and the seal came away from the drum.

The seal is now completely away from the drum and the spring coil that holds the seal in place has also came away. I have tried to reattach the seal but can't stretch the spring coil enough to do so.
I am just off the phone to hotpoint and they want €120 to call out, if you could give me step by step instructions to fix it I would be very grateful otherwise I will give up and pay them to call out.

Many thanks

Naomi

Sponsored Links
Thanks lads for the help. Paid a local repair man €30 today to fix it, took him 10 minutes so was well worth paying for.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I was about to replace the doorseal in my machine, but got called away for a job, and the missus spent all day wrestling with it, I got back, and had it fitted in minutes....must be in the technique! Wish I knew there was a video to help! Nice one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back