Wired V WireLESS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I seriously favour wired every time.

A five-bed house I wired about 10 years ago. All multicores under floors, through loft, sunk in walls, SABs front & back, panics front door & main bed, back window openings, & RKP by entrance - really top job with Menvier panel hidden away.

Problem after all this time with RKP.

What does he do?

Puts a wireless system in & cuts all the multicores.

I call that vandalism.

Sponsored Links
Indeed , you would have thought that he would simply have had the rkp changed and kept the system going.

Of course if someone moves into a new house and there is no alarm then they might consider channeling walls and drilling floorboards as vandalism.

Wired Technology is using physical wires means that electronic signals are being transmitted over a metal conductor. The wired refers to copper wiring and does not include fiber optic technologies. In the wired technology, Length of wire runs limited. Wireless signals were fist used in transmitting AM and FM to television and radios. In this technology, signals can be easily intercepted.

Wired Technology is using physical wires means that electronic signals are being transmitted over a metal conductor. The wired refers to copper wiring and does not include fiber optic technologies. In the wired technology, Length of wire runs limited. Wireless signals were fist used in transmitting AM and FM to television and radios. In this technology, signals can be easily intercepted.
What, (planet), are you on?

You obviously know nothing about Wireless Alarm Systems.

Sponsored Links
Wired vs wireless

Scenario 1. Wired

Someone wants to stop signal from reaching control panel so they cut the sensor wire,
Result = alarm activates as tamper circuit is broken,

Scenario 2. Wireless
Someone wants to stop the signal reaching the control panel so they jam the frequency
result= alarm activates as jamming is detected

Its just the same.

His other posts are mostly nonsense, I would be inclined to say that it's all just to get his "Investment Magzine" link around for SEO purposes.

Apparently you can gain financial freedom today!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back