Scaffolding - Cost Of Hire For Semi-D ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone please give me some approximate guidelines as to what I should be paying for the cost of hiring scaffolding for a 4 bed semi? I need it for at least the front and rear so it might make sense to go for all 3 sides?

Having never hired scaffolding before I have no idea what would be a competitive quotation and what would be over the top. If there are regional variations, it is for a house in South London/Surrey.

Thx for any help.

Rgds
White Van Jack

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Can anyone please give me some approximate guidelines as to what I should be paying for the cost of hiring scaffolding for a 4 bed semi? I need it for at least the front and rear so it might make sense to go for all 3 sides?

Having never hired scaffolding before I have no idea what would be a competitive quotation and what would be over the top. If there are regional variations, it is for a house in South London/Surrey.

Thx for any help.

Rgds
White Van Jack

£18m2 is a standard price we are in Surrey might be less in your area

Hi,

Thx for the replies.

"Herts...", would that figure of £900 plus VAT be for 1 months hire?

"Dodgy...", How do you measure the area, is it area of scaffolding boards laid or area of building wall covered? Apologies for the daft question, however, having not hired scaffolding before I am not up to speed with the protocols etc.

Rgds
White Van Jack

Sponsored Links
The price normally is for about 6-8 weeks, as this is how long a loft conversion should take. If it's any longer they might charge you a weekly rate. Which is normally a minimal price.

The £900.00 price was for a 3 bed semi.

The best thing is to ring around various companies and take it from there.

Hope that helps.

Andy

I usually pay around £500.I recenlty got 46m of hand rail but with 3 towers in it which was also £500.Alot depends on where your based and more importantly who you know ;)

£450 up chester area (northwest) with no time limit upto 3 months

Hi,

need it for at least the front and rear so it might make sense to go for all 3 sides?

Thx for any help.

Rgds
White Van Jack
Sussex , was quoted £1k. but it was an awful awkward one that had to span a garage roof @ the side ( trellis scaffold?) and go through a pergola @ the back and another odd bit @ the front. 4 weeks hire

It depends on many things other than meterage ..how close the lorry can get to the job, does gear need to be walked through the house to back garden etc etc As allways get a few prices. most will charge hire after the initial agreed period.
meterage rates are linear metres plus one per corner x how many lifts it needs

im in the midlands coventry and it just cost me 375 for end terrace , front back and side,

thats 375 cash in hand

Is that for the scaffold hire or for the house?
Must be the labour and transport costs to deliver it here.

Edit---follow the link and observe the "reputation management" activity at the base of the ad. Imagine the effort in following up and adding comments on forums as a means of enhancing this company's image.
Edit
Relevant post from India removed by Mod as scam posting, hence this post is irrelevant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back