BT call divert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've now got a 'fault' with my caller divert thanks to a BT engineer who called to check a line fault in my house today, see my other thread below.

I am now if the hell that is BT's fault help line at 151 :rolleyes:

Before the engineer (sic) arrived today my call divert worked perfectly well and has done for about 15 odd years but he called the exchange and asked them to remove my divert because he thought the fault I have on the line was down to the divert not being off at the exchange.

He then asked the exchange to restore my divert function but now when I divert my in-coming land line calls to my mobile there is a taped message telling callers that 'calls to this number are being diverted'. This tape wasn't there before and this 'engineer' couldn't get rid of the taped message or the exchange guy couldn't so he basically shrugged his shoulders and told me to contact BT to get it sorted.

I've now called India three times and they have now referred this fault back to the original 'engineer' who I doubt has the ability to understand that he's fecked up my divert.

The question is guys, does anyone know what I have to tell the call centre staff in order to get back my divert status to where it was before this 'engineer' turned up today?

I know that when BT were setting up the divert all of those yearsago there was an option to have the taped message or have the calls diverted automatically without the taped message. BT explained that there will be a slight delay in the divert without the taped message but this suited me because customers simply hung up the phone as soon as they heard the tape so I opted for the auto divert without the taped message and everything has worked fine until today.

This engineer said that there was nothing that could be done and that was that but my divert was working fine before he arrived so there must be a way for BT to put it back to the way it was before surely?

Thanks again

Tony

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=235109

Sponsored Links
*21* number# ( star 21 star then number to divert to ,then hash).
What was the fault ?

I have call divert enabled on my home line, I have only used it around a dozen times when expecting a call. Each time I have turned it on and tested it I have had no message an to my recolection, no noticeable delay either......

Sponsored Links
I have just tried it to see.

No delay at all, and no message. You would never know a divert exists.

I just use the standard *21* service on a standard PSTN line. Perhaps it works differently in different exchange areas?

Thanks for that mate.

I've opened an 'action' on that BT board so, if you don't mind, I'll copy your info onto that thread?

Regards.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back