turning off accenta 8 (or s) mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are buying a new house soon and renting out our current property.

We have no end of power cuts in our current house which causes our alarm to go off about twice a month (and as there is obviously a backup battery somewhere it is a cause of some nusiance)

We dont use the alarm and to avoid me having loads of calls from the tenants in the future I want to deactivate it.

I have the manual and docs but can't figure out how

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
If you rent the house out it has to be working. If you want to remove it - just disconnect the mains and take it all out.

switch off mains power to alarm open end station lid remove battery wait 20 mins for outside bell/siren to stop. close lid .
end of.

Under the rent agreement it has to work.

Sponsored Links
It's the answer the OP needs or he'll be in breach of the tenants agreement.

Thats clever, you have read his tenants rent agreement before he has produced it. If the agreement states that the alarm system does not work. (just a visual deterrent). Then this will be ok. This needs to be stated in the agreement so the landlord cant come back to the tenant at the end of the lease and claim that the alarm was working and make the tenant pay for repairs.
So the answer is as posted above remove power and disconnect the battery.

If the system works the tenant could change the codes and prevent the landlord from switching it off.

Sorry, but utter nonsence from joe90 yet again!!!

tenancy agreements have nothing to do with alarm systems.

OP just follow lectriclegs instructions or get your local firm in, simples.

actually...if you read my post i am buying a new house and renting out my current property (i am the freeholder owner)

to the rest of you, thanks for the guidance I will have a look and see if I can figure it out from your help

Gaz

wait 20 mins for outside bell/siren to stop. close lid .

If you have a set of ladders open up the bell cover and isolate the battery, this will save having to wait for the sounder to stop as this sometimes can take a lot longer that 20 or so mins.

Hope you get it sorted.

Grahame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back