Additional Telephone Sockets - Price?

D

DaSpozz

Friend of mine has been charged £200 to fit 3 additional phone sockets in their property. This sounds a lot to me - is it?

It's a local audio / visual firm doing the work, not BT or anything.

Sponsored Links
I suppose we've all got to make a living. Those of us with more time than money would DIY.

Maybe you could suggest he joins DIYnot?

That Argos extension is the equivalent of an extension lead being compared with fitting a proper ring main extension to an electric power circuit, so is not a fair comparison.

3 extensions are relatively easy to fit, but cost will depend mainly on the difficulty of labour in running the cables. There is no quick answer to your question.
Normally getting quotes will provide a reasonable method of deciding on fair value.
definately time to become a DIYer.

Sponsored Links
Friend of mine has been charged £200 to fit 3 additional phone sockets in their property. This sounds a lot to me - is it?
Depends, if it's a quick and nasty job with cable clipped to the surface everywhere then it does seem rather expensive.

OTOH for a good job with all cables hidden, thought put into the ADSL filtering arrangements and so on I could easilly see it legitimately costing that much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back