gsm galaxy2-44+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there; i have hade two adt alarm engineers to sort out my alarm that is fitted to my garage but with no sucsess, one was booked thru adt,. i was very diapointed. my problem is tha i can not get the gsm unit to send out sms, it allways comes back on key pad as comm fail.. the system was set up by a friend of my current alarm company so all programing ought to be good. iv been told by both engineer's that ADT do not use the gsm module?.
I have later read in manual the the GSM module is a secondary communication, and that if alarm can not send message thru hard wire it will not send thru GSM.. IS this true can some clear this up for me,if it is so could I retro fit something???. the main point of me getting this system is that i do not have a land line at my garage. I have spent a lot of mony and time on this system. and to top it all galaxy that are based in scotland somewhere do not and will not help at all, but are very rude with it. [email protected]

Sponsored Links
hi there; i have hade two adt alarm engineers to sort out my alarm that is fitted to my garage but with no sucsess, one was booked thru adt,. i was very diapointed. my problem is tha i can not get the gsm unit to send out sms, it allways comes back on key pad as comm fail.. the system was set up by a friend of my current alarm company so all programing ought to be good. iv been told by both engineer's that ADT do not use the gsm module?.
I have later read in manual the the GSM module is a secondary communication, and that if alarm can not send message thru hard wire it will not send thru GSM.. IS this true can some clear this up for me,if it is so could I retro fit something???. the main point of me getting this system is that i do not have a land line at my garage. I have spent a lot of mony and time on this system. and to top it all galaxy that are based in scotland somewhere do not and will not help at all, but are very rude with it. [email protected]

This is correct, the sms mod is a back-up, when the pstn fails

Can send sms via pstn though.

Also, make sure you have a working and reliable centre number programmed,

Make sure you've got credit on the sim also :LOL:

SMS is a notoriously unreliable method of signalling for alarm systems. The main problem with it is the network providers (Vodaphone, Orange etc) like to discontinue and change the centre numbers (which is the number the GSM or digital communicator dials and passes on the info, which is then sent as an SMS to your phone)

They don't offer any guarantees of service from these numbers, so when they are withdrawn, there's usually no warning and it's only flagged up by the alarm when it tries to dial the number and fails (which depending on how your communicator is set up may only be when the alarm is activated)

I would advise looking at an alternative means of signalling if it's of any importance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back