Hotpoint wf540 washing machine flashing lights / fault

Sponsored Links
Rocks

being a determind person

I just did it all again started by cleaning out the black rubber and all waste pipes then disconected the blue wires from the pcb reconnected and checked cleaned every fitting now the power light is flashing and the wash enhance and mini load lights is this a different problem now?

Luke

You got error f09 EPROM set up error. Unplug for 2 mins make sure no water is on the board refit connectors if that don't work chip on pcb is corrupt new pcb req.

You have a pcb fault.

Hi rocks, could I have a similar problem?? I have a Hotpoint Aqualtis washer.. I start a wash, everything is ok until it gets to the rinse/spin cycle, then lights flash on panel above start/pause button on right of front panel, as well as power button.. Also machine begins to take in water constantly and I have to switch machine off at mains in case it overfills..

Sorry if this seems a bit long, just wanted to give as much detail as possible!!

Thanks for any info. rocks.. :D

Sponsored Links
What lights on the left flash.

Thanks for getting back in touch rocks.. :D

Lights on left..

On/Off button..Spin speed selector lights up to 800rpm..Wash intensity setting indicator lights up..

Hope that helps!

As a side note, I did what you asked lukeobadoa to do and remove all the plugs on the PCB one at a time.. Same result after reattaching everything carefully and powered up...

Will a hammer and blowtorch help it any??!!

Hang on this is confusing the on off button is on the right hand side on the left is 4 /5 buttons ie wash enhance mini load rinsehold etc that is the ones I need. Ignore the ones on the top centre. On the left they flash 1 and 3. Or 2 and 4 etc they relate to the error code. On off always flashing when there s a error fault just ignore them.

Hi,
At the end of the wash cycle my machine (Hotpoint Aqaultis AQXLL 149 PI) stops and the on/off button and the pre wash, wash, spin end lights etc continuosly flash. I have tried to count the number of the flashes but it's well over 20 flash's. Does anyone have any idead what the fault could be?

Many thanks in advance
Chas

My problem much the same flashlips. My machine starts up fine, then stops mid way and all lights start flashing consecutively - not all together but one after the other on a constant round. It does drain so I can open the machine but won't rinse or spin. :evil:

Replaced. It's on the pcb. Do a search on here for it. The part costs about 20p.

Rocks hi, could I just tap in to your knowledge here please? Hotpoint WD420, lights 1, 2 & 4 = F13 dryer ntc? Does it do a self check when switch on? i.e would it bring up this fault even if the dry function was not selected? Also, have you any idea what the resistance value of the sensor is when cold? Many Thanks. Rich

F13 can be fan not turning , fluff in fan , heater blown ,one shot open curcuit of fluff filter at the back of the heater box blocked. Try those first.

wow, thanks for quick reply, will be looking at it tomorrow. Does it check for those faults at switch on?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back