optima xm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, hope some one out there can help.
We have an Optima XM system that was working great until we had some building work carried out. We found one problem and fixed it but one of the sensors that was working perfectly is not responding IE does not light up when you are near to it, the system when you try to set it is not making the noise it use to, also we have had the box repositioned and have been assured that everything is as it was but obviously it is not working as it was.
Hope you can help.
Thanks
Newbury

Sponsored Links
Does the system respond to your code or does the alarm do nothing.
The system might have crashed and needs reprogramming. Who repositioned the box ? If it was a "company" can you not get them back to sort it for you.

Grahame

Hi Graham,thanks for the reply.
The system was moved by an electrician who has attempted to fix the problem several times , the system seems to set when we leave the house but as i said the noise it emits is not the same as it was and i can not understand why the sensor will not respond to movement, we have checked the other senors and they are working fine
is there any sort of check we can carry out to see if the sensor is conected properly to the system.

Set the alarm and walk in front of it. If it isn't working and is open circuit then the panel will emit a different tone - which I'm guessing is what is happening. Try omitting that zone and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your info joe
set alarm as you said sensor did not pick me up, how do you omit a zone? and what does this signify if that zone will not respond. Can it be fixed? is it a case of resetting the whole system? appreciate your thoughts.
newbury

The odds are that the sensor isn't connected properly. Undo the panel and check that the power for all the sensors goes to the right place. If so, check inside the sensor and see if the wires are in the right slot.

Can't remember how to omit on that one but if you google for a user manual you should soon find one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back