caretech 1600 alarm keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could anyone let me know where the green yellow white and blue wires go on the back of the alarm keypad.the connections block on keypad has PTS SP TX CL RX unsure what colour goes where.builder disconnected it after doing work and didnt remember where they went to. any help greatly appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Problem here is the installer could have used any colour for the connections. You will have to look in the main control unit and see what terminals the cables go to in there.

Problem here is the installer could have used any colour for the connections. You will have to look in the main control unit and see what terminals the cables go to in there.
thanks looked at main control panel but i cant see how that helps me to connect the ones in the keypad what should i look for please

The terminals should be marked on the rkp and the panel.

Rx, c, Tx, SP, (no need to use the pts terminal on the keypad)

Match the cores in the panel to the keypad

Sponsored Links
The terminals should be marked on the rkp and the panel.

Rx, c, Tx, SP, (no need to use the pts terminal on the keypad)

Match the cores in the panel to the keypad
thankyou done that how is the best way to connect battery as connected keypad and alarm going off with f4 coming on keypad please advise much appreciated

On this system you must connect the mains first, then the battery, close panel lid, enter your code to silence any alarms.

if you power-up without a battery fitted, the sounder may sound for 30 seconds as a battery test is performed.

if you aint set-up for engineers reset, then you should be ok from here ;)

F4 means battery fault btw, so connect as above

On this system you must connect the mains first, then the battery, close panel lid, enter your code to silence any alarms.

if you power-up without a battery fitted, the sounder may sound for 30 seconds as a battery test is performed.

if you aint set-up for engineers reset, then you should be ok from here ;)

F4 means battery fault btw, so connect as above
thankyou much appreciated connected everything alarm turned off only problem now f4 flashing on keypad and when i press any key on keypad f4 still flashing do i need to replace battery in control panel or what elae could it be thanks

Well it could be a few things.

How old is the battery, more than 5 years, if yes, change it.

if the battery aint that old, it might just need time to charge.

If you've let the battery fully discharge, it may be damaged, and will need replacing

Could also be the charging circuit fuse has blown.

you will need a meter to check the above tbh.

If you've let the battery fully discharge, it may be damaged, and will need replacing

thankyou great help battery 7 years old will change it and see where it goes from there many thanks

hi changed battery but alarm going off all the time.when u say connect mains first what does this mean do i turn off electric mains then put battery in then close panel and then enter code on panel or keypad hope u can help as instead of f4 on keypad now have no 8.i did put battery in and alarm went of all time and when i typed code in wouldnt go off does it matter whether i connect negative or positive first many thanks

hi changed battery but alarm going off all the time.when u say connect mains first what does this mean do i turn off electric mains then put battery in then close panel and then enter code on panel or keypad hope u can help as instead of f4 on keypad now have no 8.i did put battery in and alarm went of all time and when i typed code in wouldnt go off does it matter whether i connect negative or positive first many thanks

Yes thats the power-up procedure for a down-powered system.

If the system is disconnected then follow the instructions above, it dont matter what way you connect the battery, but, make sure the polarity is correct, red to red, black to black.

close the panel lid and enter your code to silence the alarm.

Reset with your code if required.

I not sure about that event code tbh, you sure its 8.i, could be a zone event but not 100% sure, would have to check.

Do you have the engineer code for the system, if not try the 1111# this will let you open the panel lid if the system was already powered.

Remember to just take your time, think about what your doing and dont rush just because the bells are going. :)

PM your email.

Yes thats the power-up procedure for a down-powered system.

If the system is disconnected then follow the instructions above, it dont matter what way you connect the battery, but, make sure the polarity is correct, red to red, black to black.

close the panel lid and enter your code to silence the alarm.

Reset with your code if required.

I not sure about that event code tbh, you sure its 8.i, could be a zone event but not 100% sure, would have to check.

Do you have the engineer code for the system, if not try the 1111# this will let you open the panel lid if the system was already powered.

Remember to just take your time, think about what your doing and dont rush just because the bells are going. :)

PM your email.
hi connect the mains first before connecting battery then put panel on then code what do you mean by mains please much appreciated

hi connect the mains first before connecting battery then put panel on then code what do you mean by mains please much appreciated
I'm sorry, not trying to be nasty or rude in any way, but, if you have to ask that question, there is no way you should be 'playing' with your alarm system.

Electricity is dangerous, get an alarm engineer in.

Hi lukey1, would agree with europlex and caretech, this is really basic stuff.

Recommend you contact your local alarm company to resolve the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back