Securit 800L Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Please,

Today i have added an additional PIR sensor to my securit 800L alarm system, the problem became apparent when after i had fitted the sensor i follwed the boot up process, but now i have no control panel lights and the internal siren is sounding.

I have now removed the added PIR sensor (in case it was something todo with my fitment) and i still have nothing on the display? The fuse box isolator switch is on and the battery is connected and I have checked the 13a fuse next to the control box and that is ok.

Any ideas into a possible cause would be welcomed.

Regards in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have blown the auxiliary power fuse. it's one of those little glass ones inside the main panel. Sounds like you've got a short circuit.

Thanks for your reply, ive removed that glass fuse and it looks fine, i dont have a multimeter at home which makes things so much harder.

Sort circuit? I cant see how that would be possible as the sensor is a metre away from the control box, 6 wires, + - and two tamper wires and signal wires....

A gr8 way to waste a weekend lol

Regards

Sponsored Links
Nothing lights up? No lights on any of the sensors or remote panel, the only thing that is on is the internal siren which i disconnected inside the alarm box.

Well if you have no power it must be a fuse then. Can't remember how many fuses that panel has.

Nothing lights up? No lights on any of the sensors or remote panel, the only thing that is on is the internal siren which i disconnected inside the alarm box.
As Joe says, you've blown a fuse, (or two?)

Short, 6", 6' or 600yds a short is very possible, only needs one strand of the wire to touch where it should not for a very 'short' (get it?) time, to cause what you are saying.

... and Fuses, impossible to check correctly by looking, that's why a meter of one sort or another is used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back