Hotpoint Aquarius Washing Machine won't spin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hotpoint Aquarius Washing Machine, has stopped spinning!

I'd left the washing going whilst I was out, and when I got home, noticed that all the washing was still wet, I tried emptying it, and moving the drum by hand, and it wouldn't move, with a little force (maybe foolishly?) I've got the drum to move, but it seems to be moving without the slight resistance that was present when it was working correctly?

I've looked on various websites, and there seems to be mention of the belt having come off, and the wearing down of 'carbon brushes'?

If this is an easy thing to mend, then I'd be most grateful to avoid any expensive repair bills?

Sponsored Links
If it was stiff belt has poss come off. Remove lid and rear lower cover it's poss on the floor.

Hey, cheers for that, just done what you suggested and the belt HAd come off...any tips on how to get the thing back on again?

Found the two wheels that it needs to go round, but can't get the thing to stay on them both, obviously it needs to be tight to stay on, but getting grazed knuckles trying to stretch it round them both..is it easier to get it on the bottom wheel first then try and stretch it round the bigger wheel, or vice versa?

Not to worry..I've managed it!

Thanks again! Thought I was gonna have to fork out for a new washer!

Sponsored Links
It might come off if it was stiff. I reckon there is a sock jammed in there.

Right, I've checked the carbon brushes, which seem ok, and get the belt back on, put some washing in, and now the drum seems to turn a few times, then get 'stuck' and the belt comes off again?

With a little force, it seems to free itself,I've put the belt back on, only for it to do the same thing?

Any suggestions?

As I said before it might come off. Post the model number up you have something in the drum can you remove the lifters inside the drum.

Cheers for the reply!

The model number is WMA50

Just managed to do a full cycle on it, but still worried that the drum could stick at any moment?

Open the door place hand on blue lifter and pull /slide to the front of the drum. Then look inside with a torch and turn drum looking for a sock or something jamming it. Was it noisy on spin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back