Ferroli optimax 25 c F33 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My Dad has a Ferroli optimax 25 c combi boiler which he's had for about 4 years and its just packed up..

When you switch it on by the mains switch it starts to boot up but then just stops and fault code f33 flashes. We have checked the manual and searched the net but can't find an f33 fault code listed anywhere.
Can anyone point us in the right direction or better still know what the code means.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Unless anyone here gives you an answer you may have to call Ferroli and ask if they have any idea.

If not then you will probably need to call a competent engineer to identify the problem. A manufacturer's service agent may be a good idea.

As the PCB generates fault codes it may be faulty in itself.

Tony

Thanks for replying Tony.

I tried calling Ferroli on Friday but after waiting in a phone que for an hour I gave up but i'll try again tomorrow, if I get anywhere i'll post it on here.

Cheers

Well its Monday evening, how did you get on?

Are you in the desolate north of Foleshill or the salubrious south of Tilehill or Stivichall ( which no one outside of Cov can pronounce ) ?

20 years ago a Ferolli was a fit and forget boiler and made up about one in three boilers in brum. Now they are rather losing their direction and more rarely seen.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony

I had a bit of a hectic day yesterday so didn't get round to ringing them, it's probably going to be the same today so tomorrow will be the most likely time i'll phone them. I will let you know what they say..

Btw my Dad is in the mild middle of Henley green where as I am in the wild west of woodend :LOL:

Ell

I think that Wood End may be where I went to a ballroom dancing class/evening a few months ago.

Not really my thing though.

Tony

finally got it sorted. I got through to a Ferroli technician yesterday who told me that fault code f33 was a DHW sensor or return sensor fault, so having identified the sensor in the manual, I ordered one at Coventry heating and plumbing which arrived today so I fitted it and bingo..

Thanks for your replies Tony, very appreciated mate..

Ell

Well done!

Its odd but Ferolli boilers seem to have more than their share of sensor faults.

Its so bad that most of us replace both of them together otherwise the other will fail after a few days and the customer will expect a free return visit.

I dont know if you like Indian food but there is a very good restaurant in NW Cov ( close to that female vet who was on TV for not charging too much ) possibly called Bombay Flame which is really very good.

Tony

Not keen on Indian food tbh, I prefer chinese or a good old donor kebab. I wouldn't mind looking up the vet that you mentioned though, the one i take my dogs to charges ridiculous prices..

Ell

She charged £25 for chipping the dog and injections. but that was a few years ago.

I could take you there but will try to remember the name and address.

Tony

i have heard Ferroli are in trouble? Anyone confirm or deny?????

Wow those reviews are more like horror storys and I thought Ferroli were meant to be a good make.

@ks52 One of the reviewers mentions Ferroli's financial state

"Guarantee is not worth the papers its written on. This company is in financial turmoil and are constantly reducing their workforce whilst unable to attend to constant breakdows.The boilers leak like teabags and i`ve been lucky for mines to last a month at a time.........Don`t do it,,, pay a little more for reliability"

Ell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back