shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace my shower, the only problem is that the kilwatt is only 7.5 which is the low so therefore I can't buy any good showers cause of the kilwatt will it be hard to replace wiring

Sponsored Links
Do you know what size the conductors are serving your current Shower, how they run to it and how long the run actually is?

It's kilowatt btw

You may be a bit stuck. It may be possible to put a slightly larger one on there but need to know about the existing circuit:

1. What fuse protects the shower circuit
2. Do you know how big the cable is for the shower circuit. Measure the outside of the cable sheath and let us know (mm) width x depth
3. Do you have an RCD on the shower circuit.

You may be a bit stuck. It may be possible to put a slightly larger one on there but need to know about the existing circuit:

1. What fuse protects the shower circuit
2. Do you know how big the cable is for the shower circuit. Measure the outside of the cable sheath and let us know (mm) width x depth
3. Do you have an RCD on the shower circuit.
to be honest mate I haven't got a clue, I have just taken the fuse out of box and it is 30A the cable which goes into circuit box is about 1/2 if thats any good

Sponsored Links
Then you probably have a 6mm cable.
It may be possible to change things a bit so you can have an 8.5Kw shower, but that will be the biggest without running new cable.

Changing things would mean you need an electrician to see if an upgrade of the citrcuit to 40amps is possible. But it takes a site visit by someone who knows what they are doing.

Get a local spark from here www.competentperson.co.uk
Unless you can get recommendation from a friend.

PS you said
about 1/2

I did specifically ask you for an accurate measurement in mm. Did you mean ½mm
or half a yard?

[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back