HDD CCTV equipment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone reccommend some kit for us..

we currently have 4 CCTV cameras, of a high quality, so these are fine, however the timelapse VCR has died, so want to replace with somthing.

I have been looking at the HDD units, but as yet unsure on specs/quality etc, storage isnt an issue, with large HDD being cheap.

we need a minimum of 4 composite inputs, and preferably room to expand as we have a couple of blind areas to deal with.

somthing that is standalone is a must, we do not have a network, so IP only based is not an option, although if there are systems out there the CAN do ip as well, this would be good, especially if more cameras can be added of the ip variety.

Sponsored Links
Most Didital Video Recorders (DVR) these days have BNC inputs, so if you have composite S video you will need to buy composite S video - BNC converters to fit a modern DVR. Prices can vary from around £250 for a cheap DVR to £700-£900 for a decent 8 channel DVR with 500gb HDD. In my experience as an installer you get what you pay for and would recommend anything in the Samsung range, such as the Samsung Techwin SHR-7082, for a domestic install.

Tim, have a look at the alien range of DVRs on the systemQ website. I've got one and I'm really pleased with it. It does over 30 days recording in real time, and can be networked if you want.

You need to register to access their website, but it only takes a few mins. I think you're pretty local to me. I can drop a catalogue off if im passing sometime.

Sponsored Links
cheers, I'll take a look, its not for me at home, but for a social club, but budget is of the essence as ever,

you can browse the range of alien dvrs on their own website, (found it wityh google) have also ordered brochure, good to keep around anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back